How to log missed visit

mirmle

I notice I am missing TB log visits and want to keep my mileage accurate. Is there anyway to log a missed visit?? Spent hours trying to figure out how, and reading forums..I can't be the only one who failed to log a visit and wants to correct this..

Are you trying to log a visit on someone else's trackable, or on your own?

In any case, you can go to the cache that you wanted the Trackable to visit. On that cache page, choose to "Log a new visit", select "Write Note" as the log type, and set the correct visit date for "Date Logged". For the log text, you could enter something like "TB visit". Then at the bottom of the page, select "Visit" next to the trackable that you want to visit that cache.

NOTE: This will only work if the trackable is still in your inventory. If you've already dropped the trackable into a cache, then what I wrote above won't work.

For the log text, you could enter something like "TB visit". Then at the bottom of the page, select "Visit" next to the trackable that you want to visit that cache.

And afterwards please delete the note at the cache page. This has no effect for the TB but those notes take up space and do not carry any information neither for the owner of the cache nor for future visitors.

Just go back and edit the Found log, set the TB to visit, then save the edit.

(People got in the habit of posting a Note to add a missing visit because there was a time when editing the Found log, even just to add a TB visit, would add an undesirable "Log edited..." message to the end of your Found log. That message hasn't been added for a long time now, so the Note approach that was suggested above is no longer very interesting as far as I can tell, even if you didn't have to worry about setting the date correctly and, as Hynz recommends, deleting the pointless Note afterwards.)

Just go back and edit the Found log, set the TB to visit, then save the edit.

(People got in the habit of posting a Note to add a missing visit because there was a time when editing the Found log, even just to add a TB visit, would add an undesirable "Log edited..." message to the end of your Found log. That message hasn't been added for a long time now, so the Note approach that was suggested above is no longer very interesting as far as I can tell, even if you didn't have to worry about setting the date correctly and, as Hynz recommends, deleting the pointless Note afterwards.)

+1