New app on Iphone

I just downloaded the new app and like others, I am very confused . I am a premium member. It appears that when I look at caches from my current location, I get all terrain/difficulty levels. However, if I search for another city, I'm only getting caches that are at the low levels for terrain and difficulty.

My understanding from reading other posts it that if I want all caches, I need to pay for the subscription (in-app purchase) (and this has nothing to do with my Premium membership). If I want to do this, I can't even figure out how to get to in-app purchases. Hope someone can help with this!

The premium functions on the Geocaching app are included with premium membership.

There's nothing else to buy as long as you remain a premium member. :)

To be clear... if you give up your premium membership, the same app simply drops to a basic level of traditionals only, 1.5/1.5 or lower.

Sorry, not sure why it's not functioning correctly for you.

Edited by cerberus1

My understanding from reading other posts it that if I want all caches, I need to pay for the subscription (in-app purchase) (and this has nothing to do with my Premium membership).

Simply no.

I advice to log-off and login again with your profile.

PS: I tested with my app and all's fine.

Thanks. I logged out and logged back in. I am now getting caches of different ratings, but only getting a few caches. I put in Charleston, SC and got 12 caches. When I do it on the website, I get 208 caches. How do I get more on the app?

Thanks. I logged out and logged back in. I am now getting caches of different ratings, but only getting a few caches. I put in Charleston, SC and got 12 caches. When I do it on the website, I get 208 caches. How do I get more on the app?

The app is zoomed in more than the website search. The app shows maybe a 1-2 mile radius. The website's default search result is a 10 mile radius, which you can change if you select the "Add Filters" button.

When you view the app's list of 12 caches, click on the option to "View on Map". Then you can zoom the map out and you'll get more caches. You can then select the option to "View in List" if you want to see those more caches in a list format.

I put in Charleston, SC and got 12 caches. When I do it on the website, I get 208 caches.

I tried also...

I guess it has to do with the maps orientation and scale... in the homepage we have an horizontal view of the map with 16km ratio; while in the app we have a vertical view with part of the same map. Zoom down the map in the app and you will see much more caches. :)

Edited by RuideAlmeida

I put in Charleston, SC and got 12 caches. When I do it on the website, I get 208 caches.

I tried also...

I guess it has to do with the maps orientation and scale... in the homepage we have an horizontal view of the map with 16km ratio; while in the app we have a vertical view with part of the same map. Zoom down the map in the app and you will see much more caches. :)

Got it! Thanks all!!