Wanted: Live API app for Android that actually works!

With the Classic app coming to a close in the next couple of days, I have been trying API apps for android. So far they all pretty much suck worse than the new official app.

Take for instance GDAK. I installed it allowed permissions and logged in. It missing several basic caches near my location. Also, the logs for caches listed are not up to date. I was viewing one of the near by caches and the logs only go to October of last year! I know for a fact that this cache was found just this last Sunday.

Other apps I have tried do not display any caches in live mode. Some others are just to cumbersome to use in a timely manner.

Here is a short list of apps I have tried and they all fail in one way or another.

GCDroid

GDAK

Locus

Cachebox

a:Drake

Is there an app out there that actually works in live mode?

With the Classic app coming to a close in the next couple of days, I have been trying API apps for android. So far they all pretty much suck worse than the new official app.

Take for instance GDAK. I installed it allowed permissions and logged in. It missing several basic caches near my location. Also, the logs for caches listed are not up to date. I was viewing one of the near by caches and the logs only go to October of last year! I know for a fact that this cache was found just this last Sunday.

Other apps I have tried do not display any caches in live mode. Some others are just to cumbersome to use in a timely manner.

Here is a short list of apps I have tried and they all fail in one way or another.

GCDroid

GDAK

Locus

Cachebox

Considering theyre no longer allowed developers access to the API, you'll be hard pressed to find anything other than what you listed above.

There are other apps you could add to your list, but I wonder what is happening if all of the API apps are failing.

I don't use live mode very often, but I never have had a problem using it with GCDroid or Locus. When I have had questions about GCDroid, the developer has always responded quickly and helped resolve things.

Edited by geodarts

That's very strange. Although we go caching with an Oregon600 I have GDAK on my tablet en while on holiday I use it to get newly published caches and to update caches already in my database (copied from GSAK). So I don't use it in the field but I do the "bookkeeping" and it never has let me down. It works perfectly to have an overview of nearby caches on the (offline) maps and to send logs via API.

Geooh Live is not listed.

GCDroid

GDAK

Locus

Cachebox

Considering theyre no longer allowed developers access to the API, you'll be hard pressed to find anything other than what you listed above.