Hazard blasts through 1000 finds!

Moun10Bike

How do you find out how many finds a person (or you yourself) has?

In order to get 1000 finds... I don't think one could spare the time required to read the forums!

I hope that someday we will be able to put away

our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

Congratulations to Hazard for picking up his 1000th cache find last week while down in Oregon! He hit so many caches that he doesn't even know which one was number 1000!

I was wondering who the guy was with 994 finds (a week ago) who nabbed my 1/1 cache in Bend. Don't see many people around here with that number of finds. He was with a group of 3 obvious geocachers who seemed to be enjoying themselves. (Not that I was spying, mind you, just out in the yard working.) I later saw them sitting in a Cherokee a block away. Almost went up and introduced myself but they drove off.

Congrats. (& you're welcome)

notworthy.gif

Remember me when I get to 1000... if you still can.

But at the rate I'm going, I may actually do it... let's see, I'm 42 years old, and I've found 8 so far... umm, what was I taling about?

[This message was edited by Mark 42 on August 13, 2003 at 09:25 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Hazard:

Nope that wasnt me! I was with 2 other people but I was driving an all black full size GMC truck

What? You've found a thousand caches and can't find your own truck?! icon_wink.gif It was a pleasure being a small part of your "grand" hunt. What's the secret to your success?

I dont have a life[icon_biggrin.gif] Truth is I have been at it awhile and I happen to live in a cache rich area, and get to travel a bit to other areas from time to time. The bottom line is I just like searching for these things and have enjoyed the places I have been and the people I have met. All in all it has been a wonderful experience for me.

A heartfelt congrats on your achievement!

It doesnt seem that long ago I was taking pic's of you and Jon to record both of your milestone caches on that bank above the river in Spokane. What was it? 500 for you and 600 for Jon?

Best of luck in the future.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Cachin's a bit sweeter when you've got an Isha!

quote:
Originally posted by Ish-n-Isha:

It doesnt seem that long ago I was taking pic's of you and Jon to record both of your milestone caches on that bank above the river in Spokane. What was it? 500 for you and 600 for Jon?

Yep, those were the milestones. It's hard to believe that that was just last October; it seems ages ago to me!

Here's a look at the photo you took of us.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:

Yup! I remember that day very well. I also remember the evening at the restaurant in Seattle, what a surprise that was!

Yeah! You should post that story under the "What I've seen Geocaching" thread!

At the resturant, I wasnt sure it was you at first, but that was before I knew what a multi-talented person you were. The sign language thing threw me off and later I find out your a pilot too? What other mysterious abilities have you been hiding?

icon_geocachingwa.gif

I know this is someone else's parade, but I was excited about logging my 500th find yesterday. Yumitori also hit 500 about a week ago. It took about 11 months--I don't know if that's fast or slow. If we lived on the west coast, we'd probably have alot more, but we did manage to hit around 150 in the two weeks we were out there for our honeymoon. icon_biggrin.gif Also, congrats to you, Hazard. 1000 is a long way off, but much more attainable than it once was!

quote:
Originally posted by leonata:

I know this is someone else's parade, but I was excited about logging my 500th find yesterday. Yumitori also hit 500 about a week ago. It took about 11 months--I don't know if that's fast or slow. If we lived on the west coast, we'd probably have alot more, but we did manage to hit around 150 in the two weeks we were out there for our honeymoon. icon_biggrin.gif Also, congrats to you, Hazard. 1000 is a long way off, but much more attainable than it once was!

Congrats to you and your husband! 500 in less than a year...heck took me a year to get 420 or so. Right on pace!

Actualy quiet a few, but modisty pervents me from telling it here [icon_biggrin.gif] I have way too many hobbies............ask my wife !

quote:
Originally posted by Ish-n-Isha:

quote:

Yup! I remember that day very well. I also remember the evening at the restaurant in Seattle, what a surprise that was!

Yeah! You should post that story under the "What I've seen Geocaching" thread!

At the resturant, I wasnt sure it was you at first, but that was before I knew what a multi-talented person you were. The sign language thing threw me off and later I find out your a pilot too? What other mysterious abilities have you been hiding?

http://www.geocachingwa.org