[BUG] Hyperlinks go straight to details with tiny map

I believe I've stumbled on a usability issue with the new geocaching android app when used in conjunction with emails from Groundspeak which contain hyperlinks to geocaches.

If I click on that link and tell my droid to open it in the new geocaching app, the new geocaching app opens that cache and goes straight to the details page - the one with the tiny map and the other two thirds of the screen taken up by cache details, which is useless for navigation.

At that point, if I try to 'back out' I exit the app rather than going to the page with the large map.

This is a problem if I want to hunt for a cache using the new app and starting from a hyperlink in a Groundspeak email :(

Personally I'd say that the START arrow which initiates 'navigation mode' on the app should always switch to the large map - or at least that seems the best option, to me.

We're aware of this issue and are actively working on a solution

As a (slightly awkward) workaround, if you open up the Geocaching app to the full map before clicking the link, it should behave normally/as desired once you click the map preview

The problem is basically that clicking on the tiny map preview attempts to navigate back up to the full map, expecting it to be there already. But when the app is launched from the coord.info link, the full map is never initialized, so it skips over it and end up closing the app.

Ideally, once we fix it, you should be able to tap the map preview to take you to the full map regardless of how you launched the app

Me too have the same problem, then i got mail from geocaching with a new cache in my area. After open the mail i press the hyperlink and open it with geocaching app. The cache come up but then i want bigger map it goes to a seeking for GC number in the app. Hope this bug have a solution in next realease. Thanks :rolleyes:

It seems ironic that Groundspeak peddles premium membership as a means to achieve First To Find on newly published geocaches and then provides a crippled application for doing so.

A few new caches published today while I was out and about. I would normally have a look at where they are on the map relative to where I am - heck I might even be closer to those new caches than I would normally be - I could pick them up on the way home from wherever I am...

With this tiny map though I can't even suss out where they are relative to where I am.

Bad form Groundspeak.