Save Cache Collection in Garmin BaseCamp

OneLifeJapan

I use Garmin BaseCamp to make collections, then export them as GPX to my Garmin edge 810 and 800.

I have to tediously go through and copy paste all the coordinates and info from the Geocache website into BaseCamp, and then export it.

The save to GPS device function does not work for me. It never recognises my device, so I was wondering if there is a way I can get it to save to BaseCamp with one click, and then once I have them all from the area I intend to visit, I can just at that file as a gpx waypoints file.

Or is there something easier I can do?

Download your GPX file from Geocaching.com onto your computer ( it may automatically be in your "downloads" Folder)

Open BaseCamp and hit "File", "Import into 'My Collection'" [or "Ctrl+I" will do the same thing]

Another window opens and asks you where the file is located, and the file name. Fill it out and Then hit "open" and it should go into BaseCamp and into "My Collection" folder. Now click on BaseCamps "My Collection" and all caches should appear.

If you are downloading one cache GPX file at a time, you will have to do the above for each cache.

Edited by 8Nuts MotherGoose

If you are downloading one cache GPX file at a time, you will have to do the above for each cache.

BaseCamp supports multi-selecting GPX files. When the file selector dialog opens up, browse to the folder where the GPX files were downloaded. Select the first GPX file in the list, press and hold the Shift key, and select the last file in the list. The entire file list will be selected and downloaded in one operation.