Comparison of GPS

Hey,

I am looking for a GPS-device for GeoCaching because my Smartphone does it's job not very well.

Due to the fact that my budget isn't very high, I would buy a device which cost under 300 euros.

I would get the Garmin etrex 35 touch for 230 euros and the garmin Oregon 600 for 270.

Therefore, my question: which device would you recommend me to buy?

Or do you have other options for me?

For geocaching specifically, I was already thinking the Oregon 6xx, and of the two you mention I would definitely go that way. The Oregon 7xx has some nice wireless features, but probably not in your budget, unless you can wait for a sale!

FWIW, Oregon 600 for under $200 USD here.

Edited by Atlas Cached

I would stay away from the etrex 25/35 models, at least for a while. I owned a 25 when it first came out and had a terrible experience with the immature software. It would freeze up and the touch screen would not respond at times. I waited for updates, and after a year and 3 different units I still experienced severe glitches. It's for sale now at a highly discounted price. What I liked about it was its small, light size and bright screen. I sold an Oregon 600 for the touch 25 because the 600 seemed heavy on my neck when I used a neck lanyard. Otherwise, the 600 has great software, a bigger screen, and very few glitches. Recently I went out and bought a refurbished Oregon 600t for $105 and I'm still very happy with it. In other words, I'd go with the Oregon 600/650!

Hello,

35T 2GB user memory, weight 5.6oz, display 2.6", Pre-loaded caches.

600 4GB user memory, weighs 7.4oz, display 3.0", no preloaded caches.

These are essentially equivalent on all the important aspects of a GPS. The 600 has been around longer and is currently cheaper. I'd go with the 600. In fact I would buy it over any of the Other Oregon and Montana series because the product differences, with the exception of maps, is not significant enough to warrant spending more.