Spam Alert

T0SHEA

I just received this Spam email from Geocaching and have already contacted Groundspeak with a copy.

My Dear

My name is Miss Joyce Philip 22 years old orphan girl I am the only daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs. Joshua Philip My father was a highly reputable business magnate business (a cocoa merchant) who work in the capital ACCRA GHANA my fathers uncle kill my father and take all his property's Sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on September 9, 2015. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to be masterminded by his uncle who had traveled with him during that time. But God knows the truth! My mother died when I was only 11 years old, i want to come and stay with and you and start my education where i stop and i want you to help and transfer this fund in to your bank account this huge amount of eight million, five hundred thousand US dollars (US $ 8.500,000.00) which my late father deposited in finance firm here in GHANA by my late Father You can contact me with this Alternative Email J_philip@terra.com Miss Joyce Philip

User's Profile: https://coord.info/PRNNGHE

I just received this Spam email from Geocaching and have already contacted Groundspeak with a copy.

My Dear

My name is Miss Joyce Philip 22 years old orphan girl I am the only daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs. Joshua Philip My father was a highly reputable business magnate business (a cocoa merchant) who work in the capital ACCRA GHANA my fathers uncle kill my father and take all his property's Sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on September 9, 2015. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to be masterminded by his uncle who had traveled with him during that time. But God knows the truth! My mother died when I was only 11 years old, i want to come and stay with and you and start my education where i stop and i want you to help and transfer this fund in to your bank account this huge amount of eight million, five hundred thousand US dollars (US $ 8.500,000.00) which my late father deposited in finance firm here in GHANA by my late Father You can contact me with this Alternative Email J_philip@terra.com Miss Joyce Philip

User's Profile: https://coord.info/PRNNGHE

Any sweet orphan girl can come deposit her cash in my bank account and live in my house, no problem!!!!

Bank is Bank of America, and my address is 1060 W Addison, Chicago IL. Any Chicago cab driver can bring you there, or you can take the EL. Welcome to your new home!! Hope you like hot dogs and peanuts.

Any sweet orphan girl can come deposit her cash in my bank account and live in my house, no problem!!!!

Bank is Bank of America, and my address is 1060 W Addison, Chicago IL. Any Chicago cab driver can bring you there, or you can take the EL. Welcome to your new home!! Hope you like hot dogs and peanuts.

The "orphan girl" is a group of grown men. They don't deposit money in your account, they remove your money and deposit it in their account. But they will eat your hot dogs and peanuts and live in your home. Parts of you will be in a suitcase by the side of a dirt road. :anibad:

Edited by kunarion

Any can come deposit her cash in my bank account and live in my house, no problem!!!!

For shame - you lied about your address!!! Better hope the "sweet orphan girl" ain't a baseball fan! :lol:

If she brought her money with her she could come live with us. We don't got peanuts, though, just peanut butter and burritos.

The "orphan girl" is a group of grown men. They don't deposit money in your account, they remove your money and deposit it in their account. But they will eat your hot dogs and peanuts and live in your home. Parts of you will be in a suitcase by the side of a dirt road. :anibad:

"They don't deposit money in your account, they remove your money and deposit it in their account."

REALLY? She sounded so sincere. :o BTW, how big would the suitcase be?

Keith

It's a typical 419 Nigerian scam. :laughing:

I've seen several of these but was never interested enough to investigate their origin. Now I know what they're called - THANKS!!

I have wondered, however, how anyone could ever get sucked in by such a blatantly obvious scam. They're truly laughable, yet still manage to con the odd person from time to time. SAD!

Keith

It's a typical 419 Nigerian scam. :laughing:

I've seen several of these but was never interested enough to investigate their origin. Now I know what they're called - THANKS!!

I have wondered, however, how anyone could ever get sucked in by such a blatantly obvious scam. They're truly laughable, yet still manage to con the odd person from time to time. SAD!

Keith

And sometimes the little mugu gets bitten by an ebola monkey. :laughing:

Here is a new one, just posted in "Disguised Cell Towers":

Good day my fellows! I'm Rachel and my hometown is Eagle Point. My address is 944 Sellwood Drive, 97524. I work for uphours.com. My friend Michael R Smith is the Executive Manager of this company. The company was created on 9/14/2007. This is our registration number: 46165494. Additionally, Domestic Business Corporation is our business entity type. Enough of the details! It's finally time to tell you that I absolutely love listening to classical music.

The account is AnnaEtheridge66

There is a link in this message. I did not open it because chances are it is a virus of some kind.

Here is a new one, just posted in "Disguised Cell Towers":

Good day my fellows! I'm Rachel and my hometown is Eagle Point. My address is 944 Sellwood Drive, 97524. I work for uphours.com. My friend Michael R Smith is the Executive Manager of this company. The company was created on 9/14/2007. This is our registration number: 46165494. Additionally, Domestic Business Corporation is our business entity type. Enough of the details! It's finally time to tell you that I absolutely love listening to classical music.

The account is AnnaEtheridge66

There is a link in this message. I did not open it because chances are it is a virus of some kind.

That was actually in a proposed waymark for the category?

That was actually in a proposed waymark for the category?

Yes, it was. I am willing to bet vital parts of my anatomy, that clicking on the link that was under uphours.com would have installed some phishing software on my computer.

Cyber criminals get smarter. It is a cruel world out there.

(PS: I informed Groundspeak and they are looking into the account)

Thank you for bringing this to the forum Bernd das Brot Team. I recall several years ago, as a new officer, receiving a similar submission and thinking "What is this"? I declined it. I was unaware it could be a hazard, now I know. If it should happen again I will alert Groundspeak.

Barb of BK-Hunters