Adopting Cache from inactive Owner

pingurus

Is there any way I can adopt the geocache?

You need to contact him again and explain that ONLY he can transfer the listing. He needs to log onto his Geocaching.com account to do this. It's automated, and takes very little time.

Link him to the cache adoption article, and to the cache adoption page.

Long time members recall when staff would transfer caches, and he may believe that an email or message from him to you is all that's needed. But it won't do it.

You didn't mention the cache, state of the cache, or your reason for applying it. If it's poor shape with DNFs or Needs Maintenance, another party might be to post a Needs Archive with a valid reason. If the situation warrants am archive, after it is archived you can place your own cache there.

Is there any way I can adopt the geocache?

You need to contact him again and explain that ONLY he can transfer the listing. He needs to log onto his Geocaching.com account to do this. It's automated, and takes very little time.

Link him to the cache adoption article, and to the cache adoption page.

Long time members recall when staff would transfer caches, and he may believe that an email or message from him to you is all that's needed. But it won't do it.

I did, but as said he hasn't been online since then. I asked the reviewer who published the cache and he said that to his knowledge he can't do anything, but I should ask in the forum.

Well then there is nothing I can do..

Well then there is nothing I can do..

You can post a Need Archived and place the cache again at the same location.

If it's still actively being found, it may take more to get it archived. Generally, reviewers will need a string of DNFs and/or some 'Needs Maintenance' logs before doing anything. Even then, they would disable it first to give the CO a chance to respond and take action if necessary.