Apple/Garmin

dave1939&Ms.Informed

Unable to load caches from my newly acquired Mac to Oregon 450, even though Garmin page shows Communicator installed and Garmin 450 detected, on the Garminpage,. When I go to "send to GPS" it says no device found on the Geocaching page. Spent an hour with Garmin and they say the problem is with the website. Please help. I never had a problem with my older Mac.

I use a mac and a Garmin Etrex 20. I found I need to use iCache.app to upload caches to the computer, it puts them in the in Download Folder- then download from there to the Garmin once connected to the computer.

From the GEOCACHE cache page showing the cache you want, look and select "upload GPX", you need to do that for each cache to upload. then go to iCache.app and select upload caches-- on the left of the banner. Select those from the computer Download Folder you want and then press select. It will upload them to iCache. Then connect the GPS unit and do what is tells you. Then from iCache .app press download to GPS and the entire files in iCache will be downloaded-hopefully. It does not duplicate caches.

May be a bit convoluted, but my computer does not recognize something to download directly to the GPS unit, even though communicator has been installed several times.

May not be the best way, but it works for non-technical me.

I cannot remember if iCache is free or not, if not only a small fee or I wouldn't have it!

Unable to load caches from my newly acquired Mac to Oregon 450, even though Garmin page shows Communicator installed and Garmin 450 detected, on the Garminpage,. When I go to "send to GPS" it says no device found on the Geocaching page. Spent an hour with Garmin and they say the problem is with the website. Please help. I never had a problem with my older Mac.

One of the threads on the subject:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=343304&view=findpost&p=5640096

Edited by kunarion