Logging TB visits and drops when logging a cache find - missing ?

I'm trying to get to grips with the new app before the old one switches off on 23rd. Until now I've avoided using it as the cut off seemed a long way off.

I can't say I'm a fan, but maybe I just need to get more familiar with it. At this stage I'm unsure what is actually missing from the app, and what I just can't find. When logging a cache find on the old app you had the option to add a Favorite point, photo or Trackable drop/visit. I can't see any way to access this in the new app. The trackable option is my main point of concern. I can't believe it's missing, but I just can't see how to do it.

Help much appreciated. Thanks.

I'm trying to get to grips with the new app before the old one switches off on 23rd. Until now I've avoided using it as the cut off seemed a long way off.

I can't say I'm a fan, but maybe I just need to get more familiar with it. At this stage I'm unsure what is actually missing from the app, and what I just can't find. When logging a cache find on the old app you had the option to add a Favorite point, photo or Trackable drop/visit. I can't see any way to access this in the new app. The trackable option is my main point of concern. I can't believe it's missing, but I just can't see how to do it.

Help Center → Apps → Geocaching® app

1.5. Log trackables

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=767

1.1. Geocaching® app: Premium vs. Basic membership features chart

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=764

Says PM's can

Logging: Add photos Add favorite points

And for all members:

Trackables:

Search for trackables

Log trackables

View trackable inventory

Instructions how to do any of these seem to be rather sparse.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=12

B.

Thanks. It looks like you have to log the cache find in the caching 'section' of the app, then go into the trackable section of the app, find the trackable you want to log from your inventory, then locate the cache that you already just found again on the map and log the trackable activity to that cache completely separately from logging the cache find.

On the old app you could log the trackable activity whilst logging the cache find, you didn't have to do it as a separate job. I didn't even think to go into the trackable section of the app, as you didn't have to previously. I was looking for a hidden menu or some way to do it while logging the cache find.

Doesn't really seem like a step forward, but at least it can be done. Thanks.

Thanks. It looks like you have to log the cache find in the caching 'section' of the app, then go into the trackable section of the app, find the trackable you want to log from your inventory, then locate the cache that you already just found again on the map and log the trackable activity to that cache completely separately from logging the cache find.

On the old app you could log the trackable activity whilst logging the cache find, you didn't have to do it as a separate job. I didn't even think to go into the trackable section of the app, as you didn't have to previously. I was looking for a hidden menu or some way to do it while logging the cache find.

How do you get to the TB part of the app?

How do you get to the TB part of the app?

Click on your profile. See here: 1.5. Log trackables

I think the way dropping a trackable in a cache I just logged as found is really counter intuitive.

First select trackable then select the cache I just logged again from the map and then log the drop.

And If you drop more than one in the same cache the whole process again.

I suppose the person who designed this has never dropped a trackable in a cache.

In the real world you don't hide the cache after the find and find it again to drop a trackable.

The old app used the easy and logical way. First you find the cache, then immediately add your drops.

Just like it happens in the real world.

Please think as a cacher when designing your app.

I was trying to figure this out just this weekend. I very much dislike the new app and have avoided using it much, but was at the ASP Geobash this weekend and found multiple caches so was forced to use the app to log caches. After logging a find through the app, I would go to the webpage for that cache, find my log, and edit it to 'drop' or 'visit' my trackables all at once. It was a major inconvenience and I don't understand why they had to make such a drastic change from the old app (or use a new app at all, for that matter).