Wishlist for new app

I've been giving the new app a fair test over the last few weeks. The new app really isn't bad and in some ways is more user-friendly than the classIc. Here are the things I really miss from the old app, and which I hope can be addressed before the old one is retired:

1. Rotating map showing direction of travel.

2. Filtering out ignored caches.

3. Ability to hold logs in queue until WIFI is available.

4. Easier access to photographs contained in logs (old app has a gallery option)

5. Immediate information about last find date without opening activity menu

6. No clustering of caches on map

my thanks to the designers for working on the new app and attempting to respond to the community

Once "saved logs" (formerly "field notes") are added this month, I have only three items to add to your wish list:

7. Ability for the screen to stay active while I'm actively navigating to a waypoint.

8. Ability to disable "You're getting close!" alerts.

9. Ability to disable helpful beginner tip popup messages. (Yes, I know what a mystery cache is. I've been geocaching for 15 years.)

I've been giving the new app a fair test over the last few weeks. The new app really isn't bad and in some ways is more user-friendly than the classIc. Here are the things I really miss from the old app, and which I hope can be addressed before the old one is retired:

That exists in the new App. Or what about Thing 1 would be different from the way the map currently works?

You can either choose Track-Up Navigation, where the map swivels with your movement, or North-Up Navigation where the map keeps North to the top. Tap the round "crosshairs" icon in the upper left corner of the map until it turns solid green and looks like a "compass" (that is, tap it twice), and at that point, you're viewing the map in "Track-Up Navigation". It's a different icon, but it's in almost the same spot as in the Classic App, and operates the same way.

Yeah, I also had a hard time finding it :anicute:.

381df25d-4118-4263-b7a7-591c98eae3b2.jpg

Edited by kunarion

Is there any way to change to distance from British to Metric? I've been using metres for 8 years and going by feet and miles is messing me up. Here in Canada, we've been metric since the 1970's.

I'm all for trying new things, but I'd pay to have the old app back. There needs to be options and ways to disable some of the unwanted features.

Thanks

Great info. Thanks for that.

That exists in the new App. Or what about Thing 1 would be different from the way the map currently works?

You can either choose Track-Up Navigation, where the map swivels with your movement, or North-Up Navigation where the map keeps North to the top. Tap the round "crosshairs" icon in the upper left corner of the map until it turns solid green and looks like a "compass" (that is, tap it twice), and at that point, you're viewing the map in "Track-Up Navigation". It's a different icon, but it's in almost the same spot as in the Classic App, and operates the same way.

Yeah, I also had a hard time finding it :anicute:.

381df25d-4118-4263-b7a7-591c98eae3b2.jpg

I miss the ease of using offline lists and being able to remove caches after you found them.

Is that not possible in your app?

If you have a List, not Pocket Query, then you should be able to delete a cache from the list by clicking the "..." next to the cache name and then selecting "Remove Geocache". FYI - It's "..." on my app because I use Android, I'm not sure what the "..." option looks like on iPhone.

If you're looking at a PQ, then removing a single cache doesn't work. That's by design though and I don't think a single cache can be easily deleted from a PQ on any app or device.

Hello Geocaching-Team, hello everybody,

I have also some important things for the wishlist:

10. Logging of TravelBugs and GeoCoins during the log for the current cache, like in the old geocaching app.

In the new app it is more expensive to log TravelBugs and Geocoins.

I hope, it will be changed in one of the next updates.

Kind regards

Irtschy

Oh sorry, I did find it. :anibad:

10. Logging of TravelBugs and GeoCoins during the log for the current cache, like in the old geocaching app.

Kind regards

Irtschy

I Wish:

1. In the Cache Filter section:

- Filter out Ignore List: on / off

- Filter out Caches already found in Drafts: on / off

- Filter out caches already found by me and a list of other friends (users)

2. A tab with the Attributes somewhere in the cache page

Edited by vsergios

How did you figure it out? The only way I have seen is to log the cache, and then go and log each trackable separately. That is a giant pain and no one is going to want to log all of those!

Oh sorry, I did find it. :anibad:

Kind regards

Irtschy