Maps on new app & website

We've been planning a lot of trips around geocaching lately and hunting for caches in counties along our route. For planning purposes, the old app shows the exit numbers along highways, but the new app does not. Also noticed that the website no longer shows exit numbers on highways either. I know that it used to from planning previous trips. Now it is almost impossible without a lot of research to figure out which exit to use to hunt a cache. Is this something that might be fixed soon?

Clarification. The map-of-two-names mentioned above is a proprietary rendition of the very non-proprietary OpenStreetMap data. OSM does have many highway exit numbers marked in the data, but apparently Groundspeak has chosen not to show them in this particular map style.

Since the map style was introduced last year, I've seen no style changes nor updates. (Updates have been promised real soon now.) There has been some map-style feedback, so I suppose your idea will go onto the pile with the others.

In the meantime, you could try a non-Groundspeak caching app. Some do offer maps with exit numbers, and some may make it moot if they'll speak to you: "in six hundred metres bear right".

Edited by Viajero Perdido

We've been planning a lot of trips around geocaching lately and hunting for caches in counties along our route. For planning purposes, the old app shows the exit numbers along highways, but the new app does not. Also noticed that the website no longer shows exit numbers on highways either. I know that it used to from planning previous trips. Now it is almost impossible without a lot of research to figure out which exit to use to hunt a cache. Is this something that might be fixed soon?

From what I can tell, the Trails map type does not show exit numbers, but the Google Map "Street" view does. Alternately, if you start navigating to a cache, a button should show up in the about page that will open up driving directions (arrow in a diamond, in the top right).

From what I can tell, the Trails map type does not show exit numbers, but the Google Map "Street" view does. Alternately, if you start navigating to a cache, a button should show up in the about page that will open up driving directions (arrow in a diamond, in the top right).

I use the driving directions a lot when navigating city streets to a cache. However, this still does not help for pre-planning a long road trip and making a list of caches in counties along the route. We often travel pulling our travel trailer, so look for exits with caches at truck stops or other RV friendly parking places in the counties we want to cache in. I am using the Google map preference on geocaching.com and have also tried the OSM preference, but neither shows exit numbers on major highways. This is frustrating when comparing Project-GC maps for counties in a state, which does show exit numbers, with the geocaching.com map that no longer displays exits. It takes much more effort to pinpoint exactly which exit is needed for the cache in that county we want to hunt. I can still pull up the Classic app and it still displays the exit numbers, which helps a little, but only until March 23rd. Not being able to look at highway exits on geocaching.com is definitely making it much more difficult to do something that was so easy before.

Yeah, I don't see a way to get a map view with exit numbers on the app. They do appear on the website if using OpenStreetMap though. Since the exit number data is there, then couldn't that data be surfaced on the Trails/Geocaching map view?