2017 - 500. anniversary of the so-called "Decrets" of Martin Luther, Germany

500 years so-called "Decrets" of Martin Luther, Germany

I think that the famous reformer in reason of Religion in Germany and elsewhere would be probably a good chance to esteblish a new group around that theme. Martin Luther was honoured in Bavaria: A new celebration day was created for the (working) peoples here rolleyes.gif

What is your opinion, dear waymarker, in that Lutheran Year 2017 unsure.gif

Your pretty-well known *SportBaer*

500qaortgspj2_thumb.jpg

Edited by *Team Krombaer*

In reason of that,

There I have the same time another question:

Are the categories, listed down here, worldwide waymarks characters ?

The theme Martin Luther has at least european character. He travelled u.a. towards Rome and had

a visit in Vatikan.

q.e.d.

*SportBaer*

Alabama Historical Markers

Alaska Historic Markers

Arizona Historical Markers

Arkansas Historical Markers

California Historical Markers

Colorado Historical Markers

Connecticut Historical Markers

Delaware Historical Markers

Florida Historical Markers

Georgia Historical Markers

Hawaiian Historical Markers

Idaho Historical Markers

Illinois Historical Markers

Indiana Historical Markers

Iowa Historical Markers

U.S. States K to M

Kansas Historical Markers

Kentucky Historical Markers

Louisiana Historical Markers

Maine Historical Markers

Maryland Historical Markers

Massachusetts Historical Markers

Michigan Historical Markers

Minnesota Historical Markers

Mississippi Historical Markers

Missouri Historical Markers

Montana Historical Markers

U.S. States N to P

Nebraska Historical Markers

Nevada Historical Markers

New Hampshire Historical Markers

New Jersey Historical Markers

New Mexico Historical Markers

New York Historical Markers

North Carolina Historical Markers

North Dakota Historical Markers

Ohio Historical Markers

Oklahoma Historical Markers

Oregon Historical Markers

Pennsylvania Historical Markers

U.S. States R to W

Rhode Island Historical Markers

South Carolina Historical Markers

South Dakota Historical Markers

Tennessee Historical Markers

Texas Historical Markers

Utah Historical Markers

Vermont Historical Markers

Virginia Historical Markers

Washington Historical Markers

West Virginia Historical Markers

Wisconsin Historical Markers

Wyoming Historical Markers

Canada

Alberta Heritage Markers

British Columbia Heritage Markers

Histoire du Quebec (Quebec Historical Markers)

Manitoba Historical Markers

Ontario Provincial Plaques

Saskatchewan Historical Markers and so on....

The US state-specific categories you listed were created in the early days of Waymarking, when it was mostly a US-based pursuit. Today, Waymarking has spread around the world. The European Waymarking community is very vibrant and enthusiastic. Therefore, the peer-review community culture has changed. Now there is a strong opinion in the community that new categories should be GLOBAL, to give all players who are enjoying Waymarking a chance to play.

If your category is not global, you will have a very difficult and perhaps Impossible road ahead of you to get it approved. Surely since the beliefs of Martin Luther have spread worldwide, your category proposal could reach just as far. I look forward to hearing more details about it. :)

I would also note that the category needs to not be redundant with Lutheran Chuches, or it will have even more trouble getting off the ground.

Yes, but if everything you want to waymark in your Martin Luther category can already fit wholly into ANOTHER category, like Lutheran Churches or Statues of Religious Figures, you will have a redundancy problem.

If you are Waymarking temporary events like festivals, or special doors, or exhibits, you will have a permanence problem.

If you are only limiting the category to Germany, you may not have a prevalence problem in Germany, but if the category is not global you may not get enough votes from other waymarkers in other countries to create it in peer review.

If you expand it to the world, depending on what you decide to commemorate, there may or may not be a prevalence and redundancy issue, and you will still have to think about permanence.

I am not against the category and I am not fighting with you. I am simply trying to offer help -- but I will stop. I sense that my input is not desired, and seems to be antagonizing you. So --

Good luck :)

Hallo *SportBaer*,

die Benchmark Blasterz wollen nur helfen.

Die Frage ist, was genau soll in der geplanten Kategorie gewaymarked werden, was nicht in anderen Kategorien möglich ist? Für die Statuen gibts ja schon eine Kategorie, für die Kirchen auch. Gibt man in der Suchmaske Martin Luther ein, kommen alle Ergebnisse.

Kategorien, die nur eine Zusammenfassung von Dingen, die in anderen Kategorien schon gewaymarked werden können, bestimmt sind, sind fast unmöglich durchzubekommen. Früher, ca. 2006, war das anders. Findest du etwas mit Martin Luther, was in keine andere Kategorie passt, kann man über eine neue Kategorie nachdenken.

Gruß Andreas/lumbricus

The US state-specific categories you listed were created in the early days of Waymarking, when it was mostly a US-based pursuit. Today, Waymarking has spread around the world. The European Waymarking community is very vibrant and enthusiastic.

I am glad to see so many European posts in the newer categories.

The US state-specific categories you listed were created in the early days of Waymarking, when it was mostly a US-based pursuit. Today, Waymarking has spread around the world. The European Waymarking community is very vibrant and enthusiastic.

I am glad to see so many European posts in the newer categories.

Me too!! :) And the best part is that the European waymarkers post wonderful waymarks about fascinating things, with deep history. :)

European-focused yet global categories have really given us a fun challenge in North America. I'm thrilled when I find a Milk Platform, Dovecote, UK benchmark, Statues of Monarchs, Victorian Post Box, UK historic marker, or Legacy of Medieval Spiritual Warrior waymark here. :) No Medieval Churches though :(

It's also fun to find far-away foreign country waymarks in unexpected places. I found an Australian Historic Marker, a Norway HM, and a New Zealand Historic Place in London -- woo hoo!!! I found the UK Benchmark, Victorian post box, and UK HM in Arizona, and a milk platform in West Texas! I found statues of the King and Queen of Spain in Los Angeles. These kinds of surprise finds are super exciting - an adrenaline rush! :)

I think every waymark about Martin Luther will fit into the existing category Religious Freedom.

I have posted several waymarks about Martin Luther and his Reformation into this category. It is global and wide spread. It accepts other reformers as well.

So I think we do not need another new category limited to Martin Luther. Sorry!

Tante Hossi - I agree with you about the need for commemorations of Martin Luther as a separate category. I will look for those special commemorations as I waymark in Lutheran Churches/Statues of Religious Figures -- such a celebration can add color and interest to that church or statue waymark. I'm glad to know about this 500th anniversary. We're not hearing about or commemorating this in the Catholic Church - wonder why??? LOL

Dear Waymarkers, thank you for yourc learly opinion in reason of that celebration in 2017 :-)

[German] Klar haben Tante.Hossi und Mr. Lumbricus recht, daß alles irgendwie in eine andere Kategorie passt.[/German].

Almost everything naturally would fit for "Wikipedia Entries". But I am sure, that - whenever this happened- this would be the end of Waymarking idea... Geocaching (German) reviewer (a part of them) are practcing the end of our nice game that days with horrible thinking shock.gif

This can and must not happen in any case at Waymarking

Here in our city in the Franconian Forest exist - for instance - a lutheran church called

Dr. Martin Luther Kirche

; in a short distance of it, there is a

Dr. Martin Luther street

:signalviolin: signalviolin.gif It could become that Geocacher would turn towards Waymarking next times.... :signalviolin: signalviolin.gif

Your *SportBaer*

:signalviolin: signalviolin.gif It could become that Geocacher would turn towards Waymarking next times.... :signalviolin: signalviolin.gif

Uh, well no. I don't see how this supports your idea any. It's us Geocachers that keep the Waymarking site going already with our Premium Membership fees. B)

I'm not sure your idea was global, but other answers were presented that make me believe it would not pass peer review. :(