Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
chenks

[BUG] - logs with photos never send

when creating a found log with a photo attached, then log never gets sent.

it gets stuck in the "unsent log" section, with a note saying it will send when there is a network connection.

except even when there is a network connection (be it mobile or wifi) it never sends.

the only way to get the app to send the log is to delete the photo from the phone camera roll. the log then sends.

any logs that don't have photos attached send fine on both mobile or wifi connections.

so clearly there is a bug when there is a photo attached to a log.

this is reproducible every single time.

xayma8.jpg

2dkgt9e.jpg

Edited by chenks

I too am having this same problem where the logs don't save if I have attached a photo. I sent an email to the help desk yesterday (07 Mar 17) regarding this but the response I got was not helpful at all even though I explained the problem. I am on the App Geocaching v 4.10. I cannot save a log that either has a picture taken or a picture added. This happened on 06 Mar 17 with cache GC1PH1P, on 07 Mar 17 with cache GC4D7YD and today, 08 Mar 17 with cache GC2CA9W. I would very much appreciate if this was looked at for a fix as having to go through the website is not a satisfactory workaround (or feasible with the poor North American mobile internet services) Thanks.

Edited by ____hitam

I have the same issue. Extremely frustrating. If I want to have a photo post, I have to go to the website from my phone and add the picture from there, and that's such a time-consuming step. Please fix this! :mad:

Thanks for the reports on this issue, everyone. We are aware of the problem and working to solve it ASAP. The fix won't be in this week's release, but it will be in our next release. We're sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

I had this problem yesterday. I ended up logging from my desktop. Then, when I logged a different cache today without a photo, it posted the original log, so I ended up deleting my desktop log.

We've released an update that should fix this issue. Please let us know here if you continue to have trouble submitting logs with photos attached.

the release notes made no mention of fixing this bug.

it mentioned fixing a different bug, so why are the release notes not mentioning this bug?

the release notes made no mention of fixing this bug.

it mentioned fixing a different bug, so why are the release notes not mentioning this bug?

The fix was not in the app, hence the reason I took extra time to come here and notify interested parties. You're welcome!

so the fix just happened to coincide with a new version of the app being released.

can you elaborate on what the issue was that stopped the app uploading a log with a photo attached?