Emailed Replies to Message Center Notifications Fail

niraD

When I replied to an email notification from the Message Center, the reply failed. Here is the content of the message:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but something went wrong on Geocaching.com.

Your email address, [snip], is not part of this conversation.

Check your message and try again. Or visit the Message Center to reply to their message there. Or send a pigeon. Whatever works for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If the error is due to a bug in our system, our team is most likely already working on it.

Best,

Geocaching HQ

For the record, the snipped email address is registered to my account and is validated.

When I replied to an email notification from the Message Center, the reply failed. Here is the content of the message:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but something went wrong on Geocaching.com.

Your email address, [snip], is not part of this conversation.

Check your message and try again. Or visit the Message Center to reply to their message there. Or send a pigeon. Whatever works for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If the error is due to a bug in our system, our team is most likely already working on it.

Best,

Geocaching HQ

For the record, the snipped email address is registered to my account and is validated.

Is it set as primary?

https://www.geocaching.com/account/settings/emailpreferences

Is it set as primary?
Why should it need to be set as primary? Any validated email address associated with my account should be able to send replies to MC conversations associated with my account.

Is that so?

I'll admit I have no idea if that's meant to be the case.

I just thought I'd see if I could help in any way.

In my line of work we often resolve issues by removing as many potential obstacles as we can to see if we can make something work and then add the obstacles back in until it breaks again, in a bid to isolate the root cause or contributing factors.

Is it set as primary?
Why should it need to be set as primary? Any validated email address associated with my account should be able to send replies to MC conversations associated with my account.

I believe that I have read somewhere that it needs to be the primary one and will not work from other addresses.