More user settings, please?

gasbottle

I haven't tried, but wouldn't turning down/off the media volume work? :unsure:

Good question. :)

Even when my phone's on vibrate (and no sound), my "wake up" alarms still work, but not sure "all" alarms work the same.

Don't have the app loaded yet to test it (still waiting 'til it's completed).

Okay, I just tested and it is the media volume setting. I have media, alarm, and ring volumes on my driod. :)

Turning down the volume might silence the phone but would silence everything that uses media output. Thus I'd be turning the volume down one minute for Geocaching and having to turn it up again the next for any of several different things I might need it for.

Besides, that isn't really the whole issue. The pop-up window is itself irritating. It serves little purpose after the first few finds since one already knows one is getting close and the interruption and chime breaks the flow.

It's a novice feature and it should be possible to disable it once it's no longer useful. If this app is supposed to be the one app that services all of Groundspeak's caching community then it needs to accommodate all levels of experience and allow users to tweak some features as they need.

Besides, from a technical viewpoint this should be very easy to do, and if it isn't it suggests something very wrong with their code base.