Travel Bug Issues

Tee4Par

I am looking for some help or suggestions regarding an issue with a TB.

In January 2015, I launched a TB in Burlington Ontario. After visiting several caches in and around Ontario, it made it's way to Ohio and Michigan. In June 2015, a new geocacher retrieved it from a cache and kept it. Then in December I received notification that someone in Germany found the TB attached to a Christmas gift. They gave it to someone, and in November 2016 , this person give it to someone while they were in Cuba. Again, this individual handed it off to someone who was travelling to Australia. Per the log, the TB went from Cuba to Cuso, to Machu Picchu, to La Paz, to Chile and to Antarctica. It is now in Australia.

While the TB has travelled, the issue is - after it arrived in Michigan, no one logged it as found, the map track and distant travelled ended here.

Is there any way "log" general stops in each of these countries after the fact? It's really annoying to have a TB travel this distance and have no record other than the logs.

Not really. It's up to those who have had it in their possession.

You could "grab" it back, then post notes in caches in those places and "visit" the TB to the caches when you post the note, but that's just weird... and it's then in your possession rather than in the possession of the person who actually has it.

Other than sending a message to the person who has it, asking them to please visit it to future caches, you're pretty much out of luck, I think.

Since that bunch just kept handing that trackable to another (Grabbing it), there is no log of what caches it might have visited.

Since Michigan, most had no finds to log that trackable into.

After the 2-cache finder retrieved it, it was sent to one with no finds, and went to two other no-finds "cachers", before finally making it to the last holder.

No grabs show on the "no finders" profile pages, but it does show when you click on their Trackables box.

That's weird. Never saw that one before...

Though the last holder hasn't logged in since Aug '16, they have cached as late as Jan '17, and have a couple hundred finds.

About five minutes ago they logged it as in a cache.

That's a start I guess. :)

Edited by cerberus1