Personal coin collection

crow19

Hi,

I am looking for a solution regarding my personal coin collection.

If I take my collection with to an Event, I would also like that the coins log the event as visited.

Now I have to click each Coin individually to put it in my inventory. Then I log the event as attended, each Coin receives the log visited, and then I have to book every Coin individually in my collection back.

It would be great if I could move, a kind of Album, completely into the inventory to put it then after the event again with only one klick into my collection.

Currently it is very time consuming. Most of the time, I do not log my coins at the events.

Maby there is an other solution?!?!?!?!

Maby there is an other solution?!?!?!?!

The Geocaching.com “Collection” feature was designed for coins that are not visiting caches. Plus it's selected individually for each coin. Sorting sub-sets of coins within one's GC Collection is a whole new level of complicated. :anibad:

You should take a look at helper software. For example, there's something called “GSAK” that can run scripts, and has many user-designed scripts to download. You might find or modify a script to kind of “un-Collect/Visit/Re-Collect” with one click. I got lost in GSAK before I ever used it for anything and still can't figure it out. So I can't help set up scripts for it. But I'm sure others can.

Be careful about automatically or mass-logging Trackables. You almost always can't undo the action later (deleting the log deletes the text only), and it can be a huge mess before the person making the logs notices a problem.

Edited by kunarion

For several years now I have a coin administrator account, who has all my activated collection coins in the inventory.

So when I show my collection at an event, I log a note with the second account and let all the trackables in the inventory visit the event.

This keeps the collection and the travellers nicely seperated.

I've created the second account way before there was the feature of having a collection and a inventory in the profile and it helped me back then as well as nowadays.

I recently (this past week or so) activated many of the trackables we had owned or earned through various raffles, gifts, etc., in line with the last Souvenir Challenge for 2018.  I discovered how to activate the cache, then move it to our private Collection.  I did the last few last night, and was trying this morning, to move those to the Collection that I didn't want traveling with us.  I moved a couple through a multi-step process, and then I saw what I thought was a repetitive action for a certain coin that didn't get moved, and there was a check box that said to not allow any other actions from this page, and now I can't move items like I could, or even edit a post later after my husband logged a quickie log and want to add more later.  Is there a way to UNDO the procedure I apparently did away with?  I hope so, or else we will be forced to not ever log a cache on the spot and return to edit later on.  Thanks for any help you can be.  I even tried to go back and edit an event log this morning for the second event we attended, and it won't let me do that either.  I hope I have not totally ceased ALL editing in our account.  Annette of Peach&Pete.

I didn't know about this. Can someone please give me a step to step guide how to do this? However if a trackable is marked as not travelling can someone who spots it still log it?

This is my car I would like to do this with. I already have a TB which I never release and which records the caches I visit. I only want my car recording the logs of those who spot the number on it, and I don't log it's visits to caches. At present I click so that all TBs visit the cache, but then need to unclick the car's visit. It would be nice if it were removed from that list to another. But I still want people to be able to log the car when they spot the numbered sticker on it.

Edited by Goldenwattle
On 12/31/2018 at 3:39 PM, Goldenwattle said:

At present I click so that all TBs visit the cache, but then need to unclick the car's visit. It would be nice if it were removed from that list to another. But I still want people to be able to log ("discover") the car when they spot the numbered sticker on it.

In another thread, kunarion provided me the answer to this: 

1 hour ago, CAVinoGal said:

In another thread, kunarion provided me the answer to this: 

I made this TB (my car) collectible; then I was able to move it to my collection. But now all I can do is write a note. It will be interesting what others can do if they try to log it. (I then marked it non-collectable, as it looked weird that my car was collectible, but still can only write a note.)

13 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

I made this TB (my car) collectible; then I was able to move it to my collection. But now all I can do is write a note. It will be interesting what others can do if they try to log it. (I then marked it non-collectable, as it looked weird that my car was collectible, but still can only write a note.)

You must move it back into your Inventory, out of the Collection, to allow all logs and to put it back in play.  The "Collectible" button merely allows the step of placing an item into a Collection.  So once the item is in the Collection, you can de-select or select the "Collectible" button, affecting nothing.

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by kunarion
8 hours ago, kunarion said:

You must move it back into your Inventory, out of the Collection, to allow all logs and to put it back in play.  The "Collectible" button merely allows the step of placing an item into a Collection.  So once the item is in the Collection, you can de-select or select the "Collectible" button, affecting nothing.

Untitled-2.jpg

I moved it to Inventory, but that's no good as it has now reappeared on my list of travelling TBs, which is what I was trying to remove it from, so I have moved it back to my collection. Now gone from my list again, which is what I want.

15 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

I moved it to Inventory, but that's no good as it has now reappeared on my list of travelling TBs, which is what I was trying to remove it from, so I have moved it back to my collection. Now gone from my list again, which is what I want.

Yeah.  It's gotta be one or the other.  The functions all go together.