Trying to create a Pocket Query

Squatch Squad

tried searching and didn't find much of anything to help me, but i have an issue for when I try to create a pocket query, no matter what data I specify on it, it always finds no results. I have tied using the include/exclude fields, used the DC code for a cache i wanted to use as a start point, and nothing. my Trex20 does not have the caches that a local park has, and I am trying to make a pocket query of all the ones in the area, so i can load them to my GPS.

any help greatly appreciated

Edited by Squatch Squad

You had some conflicting selections ("Are available to all users" as well as "Are for members only" is one example) and some extremely selective attribute requirements (every attribute you selected would have to be on a given cache in order for it to be returned). See the changes I made and determine if that works better for you.

Note that your PQ is now TOO full (it has reached the maximum of 1000 caches, with many being left out), so you will want to selective add additional selections to the query to pare it down, or break out the area of interest into multiple PQs (probably by carving them up by hidden dates).

You had some conflicting selections ("Are available to all users" as well as "Are for members only" is one example) and some extremely selective attribute requirements (every attribute you selected would have to be on a given cache in order for it to be returned). See the changes I made and determine if that works better for you.

Note that your PQ is now TOO full (it has reached the maximum of 1000 caches, with many being left out), so you will want to selective add additional selections to the query to pare it down, or break out the area of interest into multiple PQs (probably by carving them up by hidden dates).

I guess i was really overthinking things - that is awesome - TY so much for the assist. now that I know, it should be no issue going forward :)

One good way to approach it is to remember that each criteria is an AND function so the more you add (as mentioned) the more restrictive it becomes. It seems like you may have been thinking that they were OR function so you would get all caches that had any of the requirements.

after looking at what was changed for me - I actually was looking at it backwards. and as GI Joe says, knowing is 1/2 the battle - and I do know now :)

Thx!