App update problem on iPad

Vanbluedog

Is anyone else having a problem with the new app on iPhone2? Since the latest update, I cannot get any of the maps to load. It was not a problem before and is not a problem on myiPhone.

The latest update caused the App to crash on my iPhone 5. Delete and reinstall the App.

I tried that without any change. I get a message to turn off airplane mode as it can't find my location.- but it is always turned off. I just discovered that if I search using the magnify icon and look for my postcode, the maps do load and I can scroll around to where I really want to see. Not an ideal solution. The classic app works ok so it must be an app problem rather than my iPad.

iPad.

OK, this is about iPad! I see it in the thread title, but then you never mentioned it in the text til now. I have a wifi-only Retina iPad (is that "iPad 4"? The one just before the first iPad Air), and did nothing since the update. I tried it just now and other than having to log in, the live map and caches seem to be OK. But mine gets its rough location info from some kind of voodoo with wifi location, unless I connect to my Bluetooth GPSr or the Bad Elf dongle.

Edited by kunarion

Unfortunately, this new app "upgrade" is by far the worst upgrade to an app ever. We went out for the first time with the "upgraded" app, and it was awful. Unless there is some type of move to get back to the old app, I will be cancelling my subscription and asking others to do the same. What a shame.