What data will be deleted?

Spandoc

Starting last night and still continuing today I am unable to use the Groundspeak app on my iPhone 5s. When I try to open it, I get the main screen picture which then fades as if it had shut off and returned me to the main screen. However, double clicking shows me that it did open and I see the map with the last cache that I got yesterday highlighted. However, when I bring that screen up it is frozen, no touches work on anything and it too fades after a few seconds but it is still visible in the background. I see that someone else posted about this problem back in October but got no responses, so I'm not sure what to do.

Unless someone has a better idea to fix this, I was going to delete and reinstall the app but of course get the message "deleting this app will also delete its data." So my question is, just what kind of data will I be deleting? I assume that all of my regular data like finds, lists, favorites, TBs in possession will still be stored on my account with geocaching.com, correct? So will I be losing anything that I can't recover? Or, is there a better solution? I have turned the phone off and on a couple of times and it has not helped. Thanks in advance for any help!

Starting last night and still continuing today I am unable to use the Groundspeak app on my iPhone 5s. When I try to open it, I get the main screen picture which then fades as if it had shut off and returned me to the main screen. However, double clicking shows me that it did open and I see the map with the last cache that I got yesterday highlighted. However, when I bring that screen up it is frozen, no touches work on anything and it too fades after a few seconds but it is still visible in the background. I see that someone else posted about this problem back in October but got no responses, so I'm not sure what to do.

Unless someone has a better idea to fix this, I was going to delete and reinstall the app but of course get the message "deleting this app will also delete its data." So my question is, just what kind of data will I be deleting? I assume that all of my regular data like finds, lists, favorites, TBs in possession will still be stored on my account with geocaching.com, correct? So will I be losing anything that I can't recover? Or, is there a better solution? I have turned the phone off and on a couple of times and it has not helped. Thanks in advance for any help!

You'll need to log into the App after re-install. The caches with map tiles that you loaded "offline" will be gone. So if you do a lot with lists, where you saved the caches for offline use, you'll need to load caches again. The lists themselves remain, along with the other things you mentioned. When an App has newly introduced problems (sometimes after an "update"), delete and reinstall it. In this App, except for the offline stuff (which is probably best to refresh anyway), you won't see any difference. This is for the "Free Official App".

[EDIT]: I have an iPhone 5, and I see the App is not functioning after the most recent update. The sticks and stone splash screen shows for 20 seconds and then drops to the IOS Home screen (seems to have crashed), yet the App has opened to the last viewed cache, but to a frozen screen which then crashes again. If I see anything unusual in the delete/install, I'll post it. If you have more questions, let me know!

Good news! I deleted then reinstalled the App, logged back in and loaded my local area PQ. It seems to work fine now.

Edited by kunarion
You'll need to log into the App after re-install. The caches with map tiles that you loaded "offline" will be gone. So if you do a lot with lists, where you saved the caches for offline use, you'll need to load caches again. The lists themselves remain, along with the other things you mentioned. When an App has newly introduced problems (sometimes after an "update"), delete and reinstall it. In this App, except for the offline stuff (which is probably best to refresh anyway), you won't see any difference. This is for the "Free Official App".

[EDIT]: I have an iPhone 5, and I see the App is not functioning after the most recent update. The sticks and stone splash screen shows for 20 seconds and then drops to the IOS Home screen (seems to have crashed), yet the App has opened to the last viewed cache, but to a frozen screen which then crashes again. If I see anything unusual in the delete/install, I'll post it. If you have more questions, let me know!

Good news! I deleted then reinstalled the App, logged back in and loaded my local area PQ. It seems to work fine now.

Thanks! Good to know that I won't lose anything except the "download offline data" for caches when I am out of cell range. I deleted and reinstalled and everything seems to be working fine, and nothing lost that I can see except for that list data which I can update easily enough. Now to see if I have time to get a cache for today before it gets dark. ;-)

Edited by Spandoc