List ALL the logs

MastroBarbone

Hi, I would list all my logs (found,dnf,notes,...) in a single brief web page as it possible for the last 15 of them with the script "https://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx".'>https://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx". Is it possible?

Thank you

https://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx

While on that page, click on the last link "All Logs".

Your Geocaching Details

Your Geocaching Logs This Month (Max 15 Logs Shown)

Show: Attended, Didn't find it, Enable Listing, Found it, Needs Archived, Needs Maintenance, Owner Maintanence, Post Reviewer Note, Temporarily Disable Listing, Update Coordinates, Will Attend, Write Note, All Logs

B.

No guys, thank you I know the option "All logs", but I need also the log description and not only the header "Found - Data - Name - Visit log".

Something like:

1)Found - Data - Name - ...

blablablabla

2)Found - Data - Name - ...

blablabla

3) ....

for all my logs, and not only the last 15.

No guys, thank you I know the option "All logs", but I need also the log description and not only the header "Found - Data - Name - Visit log".

Something like:

blablablabla

blablabla

3) ....

What you want is not available on a webpage. That data (found, date, cache details, your log) is available for all Found logs via a "My Finds" Pocket Query, but that feature requires a Premium Membership. You'd then need to use a 3rd party program to parse the PQ file into separate fields, like a spreadsheet format. I'm not aware of all 3rd party program options out there, but I'm certain there are some free ones.

I have not used GSAK myself, so I'm not sure if it is capable of doing what you want. You could explore their forum and see: http://gsak.net/board/ You might still end up needing a geocaching.com Premium Membership.

Something like:

blablablabla

blablabla

3) ....

What you want is not available on a webpage. That data (found, date, cache details, your log) is available for all Found logs via a "My Finds" Pocket Query, but that feature requires a Premium Membership. You'd then need to use a 3rd party program to parse the PQ file into separate fields, like a spreadsheet format. I'm not aware of all 3rd party program options out there, but I'm certain there are some free ones.

I have not used GSAK myself, so I'm not sure if it is capable of doing what you want. You could explore their forum and see: http://gsak.net/board/ You might still end up needing a geocaching.com Premium Membership.

It is understandable that the "all logs" list only includes a minimum amount of information (with links to the cache page and log). Including the full log might not seem to be an issue for a geocacher with a couple hundred logs. Consider how much data would be downloaded for a geocacher with 20,000+ finds.

There is a tool called gpsbabel, a windows command line application that will convert a GPX file (which you can get from a MyFinds PQ) into many different formats, including CSV, which could be loaded into a spreadsheet.

There is a tool called gpsbabel, a windows command line application that will convert a GPX file (which you can get from a MyFinds PQ) into many different formats, including CSV, which could be loaded into a spreadsheet.

So with a Pocket Query I can download all the complete logs?

No. A pocket query will only download the most recent five.

Are you a GSAK user? There is a GetLogs macro that might be right up your alley.

Do you need all complete logs or just your logs? A "regular" PQ will contain the 5 most recent logs. A MyFinds PQ will only include your logs.

BTW, I looked at gpsbabel for converting gpx to csv files and it only uses a subset of fields and does not include logs.

MastroBarbone, a Pocket Query of "MY Finds" will include all your logs of any type, to the caches you've found.

It will not include logs on caches that you have not found.

(The last couple of responses have either been about getting all the logs on the found caches, which isn't your interest, or have some misinformation).

To get the logs on caches you have not found, you'd have to bookmark them individually, then query that bookmark list (pocket query). Creating the original bookmark list would be tedious going, but once done, adding caches to it as you post logs would be fairly easy.

The documentation on this site tells you that you'll get the last 5 logs on PQ of a cache you have not found.

My experience is that you'll get the last 5 logs, PLUS any logs you've posted. I just checked that again, by downloading Pocket Query that included a cache I have NOT found but have posted logs to, going to back to 2011. The PQ included the 5 most recent logs and 5 Write Note logs of mine, posted between 2011 and 2013. There are LOT of other logs to that page since.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

[...]

A My Finds PQ will include all of your "Found It" logs. Your other logs (DNF, Write Note, etc) will not be included.

That's wrong depending the "other" logs. Please read Isonzo Karst's post, which is spot on.

Hans