Find Nearby Geocaches

clues-uh

Now that it seems inevitable that I will have to start using the new Geocaching App on my iPhone, I have a question about replicating a function on the Classic App that I have always used and that fundamentally shapes the way I geocache almost all the time.

I love the "Find Nearby Geocaches" button. Wherever I find myself, I will invariably open up the app and check out the 10 closest geocaches. I will sometimes obsessively flip to the list and see if they've changed since yesterday. I will see if a new find has been logged on one of those pesky puzzle caches close to home, or close to the office. If I find myself in another town for an hour or two, I will find the 10 closest geocaches and do a tour around to find as many of them as I can. It's important to me that the caches are in a radius from a central point, so that when I look at the map later I can see the smiley's at that point in the map and remember my trip there. It's just the way I understand caching.

So I know that there are ways in the new app and online to create a list of the 10 closest unfound caches to any point I choose, but it's not the same as just pressing the button that gives me that list right away. So my question is: Is there any quick and easy way to create a list of the 10 closest unfound caches to where I am right now, in the field, with my iPhone, that takes only one or at most two steps?

I'd be grateful for any tips or advice. Thanks!

Is there any quick and easy way to create a list of the 10 closest unfound caches to where I am right now, in the field, with my iPhone, that takes only one or at most two steps?

Yes there is.

When looking at the Map section of the app, there are a few buttons across the top. The second to last one looks like a list of items. If you tap this, it will show a list of caches sorted by default by their distance from your current position.

Thanks for the reply!

What I think would be helpful is a quick and easy way to select individual caches from that screen and add them to a List that can be saved. This is possible on the website but not on the iPhone app. The only option on the app currently is to "Add All to List".

If the app programmers are reading these forums, this would be my strong suggestion and wish for an addition to the app.

What I think would be helpful is a quick and easy way to select individual caches from that screen and add them to a List that can be saved. This is possible on the website but not on the iPhone app. The only option on the app currently is to "Add All to List".

One way you could accomplish something like that is to pan/zoom to your desired caches on the map, tap the three dots at the top right, then choose Add All to List. Using that workflow will only add the caches that are currently visible on the map. Additionally, flipping to the list view (second icon from top right) once you've zoomed/panned the map will only show those mapped caches in list view. You could then choose Add All from that view as well to create a list of only the caches you've framed on the map.

Hope that helps!