Cachly vs. GC app

I bought and downloaded the current version of cachly today and took a test drive looking for 2 local caches.

IT ROCKS!

I had a few issues but I'm confident that they are user headspace issues and not app issues.

Cachly provides all the features that the classic app had, and more.

Give it a try - it's well worth the $5!

I bought and downloaded the current version of cachly today and took a test drive looking for 2 local caches.

IT ROCKS!

I had a few issues but I'm confident that they are user headspace issues and not app issues.

Cachly provides all the features that the classic app had, and more.

Give it a try - it's well worth the $5!

There's a Cachly Support Group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/CachlyUserGroup if you have any questions you'd like answered.

I have looked for Cachly on the Google play store and can not find it. Do I need to download directly from the developer?

IIRC, cachly is an iOS app. Isn't google android?

There was a gofundme page on creating an android version, but I don't think it's come close to fruition - yet. :)

wouldn't this app still fall under the geocaching live api guidelines and there for mean to access all features you would need to be premium?

There would still be API restrictions, but those restrictions (particularly for Basic Members) are different from the restrictions in the official app.

According to the API documentation, the API restrictions are as follows:

a. Basic Members shall be limited to viewing full geocache details for up to 3 Geocaches per day.

b. Geocache search results for Basic Members shall be limited to Traditional Geocache Listings only.

c. Basic Members may request full geocache details for non-Traditional Geocaches using the GC reference code; however, they will remain subject to the limitation of 3 as set forth in section 1a above.

I downloaded Cachly when the Classic App started it's countdown and so far I REALLY like it. I typically cache with a GPSr and don't use the phone all that much, but Cachly just seems more intuitive than the new Geocaching app. Now, if I could just get caches to open in Safari when I click "View on geocaching.com" from the Cachly app instead of it opening them in the new Geocaching.com app. :huh:

Now, if I could just get caches to open in Safari when I click "View on geocaching.com" from the Cachly app instead of it opening them in the new Geocaching.com app. :huh:

You can't. Unfortunately Apple gave developers the option to 'claim' their own URLs, and that's what GS did.

After being forced into the GC app, there's apparently a little icon displayed at top right to actually take you to Safari.

Or just remove the official app :]

Now, if I could just get caches to open in Safari when I click "View on geocaching.com" from the Cachly app instead of it opening them in the new Geocaching.com app. :huh:

You can't. Unfortunately Apple gave developers the option to 'claim' their own URLs, and that's what GS did.

After being forced into the GC app, there's apparently a little icon displayed at top right to actually take you to Safari.

Or just remove the official app :]

I don't have the official app, and both L4C and Cachly open Safari when i want to navigate to the website.

I have looked for Cachly on the Google play store and can not find it. Do I need to download directly from the developer?

Check out Geooh Live for Android. It has more features and looks better than the aging c:geo app.

I checked out Geooh earlier. it is even worse that the new official app. Buggy and slow.

Check out Geooh Live for Android. It has more features and looks better than the aging c:geo app.

I checked out Geooh earlier. it is even worse that the new official app. Buggy and slow.

Seriously, when was the last time you checked it out? Did you ever report any issues to determine why it didn't work for you? Runs perfectly fine for me.