New bookmarks/lists page miswording...

sduck

Minor detail perhaps, but I was offered the chance to see the new bookmarks page, or the lists page, whatever it's called. Very nice in general! Down at the bottom is the "My Ignore List", which used to be thrown in with your other bookmark lists, but now has it's own special place down at the bottom. All fine and good so far. The description line below the Ignore List title reads: "Geocaches on this list won't be displayed anywhere on the website or app." This is incorrect - the current main geocaching app does not have ignore list functionality yet - all my ignored caches show up in it. Perhaps the wording here should be changed until the app catches up with the times? (hint hint - please update the app to fix this!!!)

I agree. I was stunned when I updated and the thousand+ caches I ignore started showing rendering the app useless to me. Fortunately the old app is still on my phone and works. How they could release a new update that isn't as good as the previous is a mystery to me?

Maybe they should consider taking action like Apple did when they released their mapping program and prevented google maps from working. Shortly thereafter the person in charge joined the ranks of the unemployed.

Edited by Walts Hunting

At one point, the Geocaching app did respect the "Ignore List" functionality. Unfortunately with more recent changes, it appears that has gone away. We'll be looking into getting it added back in again. Thanks for keeping us honest!

The "new" app has never had ignore list functionality. I've been asking for it since day one, have had it promised "in the next update" more than once, and checked for it after every update. The old "classic" app has always had working ignore list functionality. I presume you're confusing the two apps.

When I open the old app today it said it was being retired March 23. Retiring it when the new one doesn't have the features the old one does is the height of hubris. I can see about 30 ignored caches when I open the new one.

Going to have to find some other so I guess. They must figure since they are the only have in town they can degrade the experience and we have to live with it.