loading caches to gps

R&P+H

Garmin communicator doesn't work on my Mac .is says its loaded but from the caching map the gps Garmin Oregon 550 is not recognised and keeps telling me to load Communicator which is already loaded. The plugin is not working is there an answer.

Either learn to use PQs (Pocket Queries) or download the gpx file direct to either the GPS or a folder on your desktop, and then copy to the GPS.

Garmin communicator doesn't work on my Mac .is says its loaded but from the caching map the gps Garmin Oregon 550 is not recognised and keeps telling me to load Communicator which is already loaded. The plugin is not working is there an answer.

100's of threads about the communicator already. A quick search on the forum will get you all the answers you'll need. In short, use an alternative method to load caches to your GPS.

13 minutes ago, harryboy said:

Although i have Plug-in installed i cannot download caches to my etrex any help please

Have you read the thread(s)? The plug-in is gone, it's no more, it's an ex-plugin, it's dead, it expired  (copyright Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch) ;)

Since you are not PM you'll have to manually enter coordinates. You can't get GPX files as a member anyway.

35 minutes ago, QUANDRAY said:

There is no need to manually enter coordinates. Members can download .loc files containing coordinates.

LOC files can't be read by a Garmin Etrex. 3rd party software is needed to convert to GPX.

LOC files are near-useless anyway as they contain only basic info. If going for just simple traditionals that may be OK but not for anything else.