Request for someone to make a cache in Toldedo,Ohio

TheCookieNinjaa

Hello!

I am currently doing my Silver award in Girl Scouts. I live in Wisconsin. What I am doing is I'm placing caches relating to girl Scout Cookies and placing corresponding travel bugs in each cache to start. I want them to go to certain places about Girl Scouts. One of those is in Toledo, Ohio. The place is called the Juiliette Gordan Low Trail. This trail was created by a girl named Ellie for her Gold award, the highest award a Girl Scout can earn. In order to do that, there needs to be a cache there. Therefore, if anyone in Toledo, Ohio would be willing to place and moderate a cache on that trail, please let me know ASAP!

TheCookieNinjaa

Hello!

I am currently doing my Silver award in Girl Scouts. I live in Wisconsin. What I am doing is I'm placing caches relating to girl Scout Cookies and placing corresponding travel bugs in each cache to start. I want them to go to certain places about Girl Scouts. One of those is in Toledo, Ohio. The place is called the Juiliette Gordan Low Trail. This trail was created by a girl named Ellie for her Gold award, the highest award a Girl Scout can earn. In order to do that, there needs to be a cache there. Therefore, if anyone in Toledo, Ohio would be willing to place and moderate a cache on that trail, please let me know ASAP!

TheCookieNinjaa

Hey, Ninja - One more thing you may want to specify in your request.

If your goal is to ask someone to create a cache so that a particular Bug can go there, you should specify exactly how big your TB is. If fifty people respond to you by planting Bison Tube caches (very small) on the trail, you're out of luck!

Good luck.

TRR

I can do it. I don't live in Toledo but that is my hometown and I have a cache placed there already with the understanding that I can perform maintenance routinely on visits. This park is close to my brother's home and his kids have been wanting to place a cache. I will gladly do this with them. But I would need to know:

• If you have any specific intentions for this hide (a traditional or multi, anything to be said in the description besides some history about Ellie's project or Juliette Gordan's history, some information about your project, etc)
  • You mention having a trackable placed in the cache. I would obviously need to have this sent to me.
  • Unless you have some other idea, I would probably use an ammo box so it is durable and good sized for fun stuff
  • Does this have to be done by a certain date?

I could probably do this in the next few weeks but will first have to get in touch with the park headquarters. A good deal of what can be placed (size, maybe they don't allow ammo boxes, probably have a requirement about it being only slightly off the trail, etc) will depend on what I hear from them. There seems to be no proximity issue so it seems as long as the park is willing to give me the permit, we should have no problems.

Let me know (and Keystone, if you have any knowledge about park permits in Toledo, I'd love to get a heads up since I wont be able to get hold of them until Monday.

goecat_

AKA Mike

I can do it. I don't live in Toledo but that is my hometown and I have a cache placed there already with the understanding that I can perform maintenance routinely on visits. This park is close to my brother's home and his kids have been wanting to place a cache. I will gladly do this with them. But I would need to know:

• If you have any specific intentions for this hide (a traditional or multi, anything to be said in the description besides some history about Ellie's project or Juliette Gordan's history, some information about your project, etc)
  • You mention having a trackable placed in the cache. I would obviously need to have this sent to me.
  • Unless you have some other idea, I would probably use an ammo box so it is durable and good sized for fun stuff

I could probably do this in the next few weeks but will first have to get in touch with the park headquarters. A good deal of what can be placed (size, maybe they don't allow ammo boxes, probably have a requirement about it being only slightly off the trail, etc) will depend on what I hear from them. There seems to be no proximity issue so it seems as long as the park is willing to give me the permit, we should have no problems.

Let me know (and Keystone, if you have any knowledge about park permits in Toledo, I'd love to get a heads up since I wont be able to get hold of them until Monday.

goecat_

AKA Mike

The link that Keystone provided for the area that the OP requested was pretty specific on policy.

One was "Containers used cannot be metal or resemble anything that might cause public alarm".

Another is "Annual applications are required for all active caches by April 1st of each year.

Nice of you to do that for one just starting, with no hides or finds yet. :)

goecat_

AKA Mike

The link that Keystone provided for the area that the OP requested was pretty specific on policy.

One was "Containers used cannot be metal or resemble anything that might cause public alarm".

Another is "Annual applications are required for all active caches by April 1st of each year.

Nice of you to do that for one just starting, with no hides or finds yet. :)

Whoops! Missed the link in my haste. Thanks!