Garmin Oregon 600 showing caches even with no gpx file loaded

miminona

I'm sorry if this is a repeated question. I've been googling all morning and looking through the Oregon 600 wiki and have not found the answer. If there is already a thread please feel free to point me to it. :)

I went geocaching yesterday and noticed some caches I'd already found were showing up on our list. Also, the gpx file I had for our area was quite old and showed some caches that have since been removed. No big deal. I got home and made a new pocket query. I assumed I needed to remove the old gpx file or I'd still end up seeing the found and discontinued caches. I wasn't sure which one it was and there were some from when my husband used to use it to ride his bike that we don't need anymore so I just moved everything off (the .gpx files from the Garmin/GPX folder, not the folders though) and then put the new pocket query files in.

However, it's still showing the found caches that are definitely not on the pocket query (as well as other caches I've never been to or looked for, but the found ones are how I knew it wasn't only using my pocket query file). I've tripled checked now that the map on the website is only showing what I want it to show. So I moved the new PQ gpx off and the GPS is still showing caches with no gpx files in there. Where are these caches coming from? Is it one of the files in one of the folders? I'm hesitant to move any of those files.

I feel like I must be missing something really simple but can't think of what at this point. Thank you for any help!

I have no idea. :) Could it have been generated by my device? It doesn't have caches from everywhere, though I didn't check to see just how far the preloaded ones went. (I know it's not everywhere though because we have traveled and I've forgotten to download some and there would be nothing on it.) I live in a small town in Canada so it wouldn't make sense if caches from only my area were preloaded on a GPS I bought from the US.