Localization

This app tells me that I must use miles for distance. I disagree.

After a bit of research, I find that my cell phone's System language & region setting has two options: English or French. A bit more research tells me that there is an app to change that. Another way is through Google's payment center. My credit card had expired. Apparently a new credit card number verified by a real purchase will change something. I hope there is a third option.

Even if this app provides me my preferred choice, I still would like the option to switch. I may soon be visiting a country that still uses miles, and I may want to go local.

This app tells me that I must use miles for distance. I disagree.

After a bit of research, I find that my cell phone's System language & region setting has two options: English or French. A bit more research tells me that there is an app to change that. Another way is through Google's payment center. My credit card had expired. Apparently a new credit card number verified by a real purchase will change something. I hope there is a third option.

Even if this app provides me my preferred choice, I still would like the option to switch. I may soon be visiting a country that still uses miles, and I may want to go local.

Help Center → Apps → Android Geocaching® app

2.7. How Do I Change the Units from Miles to Kilometers?

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=771

2.7. How Do I Change the Units from Miles to Kilometers?

In Android Geocaching® app, the distance units a dependent on what defaults you have set on your Android. For example, if you are in the United States, it will most likely use miles. However, if you are in Germany, it most likely will be set to kilometers.

You can select your language and input:

1. Open Settings

2. Select Language & input

3. Select language in region of choice

B.

Pup Patrol gave the proper first response for this forum. He told me to re-read the instructions closely and become more confused. Now I am more convinced that the only clean way of doing this is to offer the geocacher the choice.

I plan on traveling a few hundred kilometers to a land that uses different units of measurements. I might want to talk to the locals, and maybe even go out geocaching with them. Is it 30 feet that-a-way or 10 meters over there?

This may not be the forum to ask this question, but should I be able to see my country displayed somewhere around the region settings on my android. I have no idea where it thinks I live.

Would changing the preferences in your GS profile make any difference?

You can switch between imperial and metric quite easily and quickly there.

B.

I tried that just now, and unfortunately, it doesn't change the App (I also logged out/in, just in case). But that would be a suitable place to make such a change.