Minecraft series on geocaching

dmnrec

Stacyplays, a YouTube personality, is doing a series on linking Minecraft to the real world. She filmed in northern MN last October, and one of her episodes included geocaching. I took her to Swirley Rock - GCYYW8 for the episode. Segment starts at the 8:30 mark:

Edited by dmnrec

Stacyplays, a YouTube personality, is doing a series on linking Minecraft to the real world. She filmed in northern MN last October, and one of her episodes included geocaching. I took her to Swirley Rock - GCYYW8 for the episode. Segment starts at the 8:30 mark:

Nicely done but I'm surprised that the geocacher didn't tell her that the pencil was in the cache for people to sign the log.

Nicely done but I'm surprised that the geocacher didn't tell her that the pencil was in the cache for people to sign the log.

There appeared to be a pen in the baggie with the log book.

There appeared to be a pen in the baggie with the log book.

Yes, there was. The pencil she grabbed was a brand new, not sharpened. There was a pencil for the logbook in the baggie with it. The first item she had taken out was a partial roll of toilet paper, so we had to reshoot it, lol.

Had to Google Minecraft as I had never heard of it. The above reminded me that there was a Minecraft cache (https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC5KRX5_minecraft-series-5) near to where we found a couple caches while we were in Sydney yesterday. I just went back to read the cache description and will keep it in mind to check it out next time we'll be in the vicinity (in a few weeks).

Edited by colleda