Pocket Query to Garmin Montana

EStreetLori

Hello -

Right off, I will admit I have almost no technical skill. My son used to help me but he has joined the Navy so I am on my own. :)

I have run a pocket query and would like to transfer all of the caches to my Garmin Montana GPS. I just can't figure out how to do it as a group. Is there a kind person who could list the steps for me? I have read many of the previous questions and answers but I can't grsap them.

Thank you in advance, if anyone is able to help me.

Lori

1. Download the PQ ZIP file to your computer and open it. Inside you will find 2 GPX files. The one with "wpts" in the name is the additional waypoints. Copy both files to your desktop (or another folder).

2. Connect your Garmin Montana with USB cable to your computer. It may take up to a minute for your computer to detect it. Open up the device that appears on your computer. Go to the "GARMIN" folder, then the "GPX" folder that's inside "GARMIN".

3. Drag and drop the 2 files from step 1 into the "GPX" folder.

4. Wait until the files finished copying, then eject the Montana (same way you disconnect a flash drive safely). Unplug. Restart the Montana. It will load in the new caches. Depending on number of caches, this may take up to a few minutes.

If you would like me to elaborate any of the steps in more detail, please let me know.

Edited by Chrysalides

I usually use my Rino for geocaching but decided to try my Montana to see how it works.  So, I already know to download the two files to the GPX folder of the Montana 650T, but no geocaches appear.  If I (from the geocaching.com website) download an individual file, the Montana will show that ONE cache.  Any ideas on a fix?  I'm doing everything the same as I would on my Rino.