Scaredy Crow went AWOL from the beginning

falcon47

Myself, the wifelet and our daughter all purchased 3 characters (Angel, Scarecrow and Fairy) and launched them as TB's in October 2016

My wife's and daughters TB's were on their travels quite swiftly, but nobody had visited the cache where I had located my Scarecrow TB for a couple of months so I took the decision to relocate him. When I reached the cache, I uncovered it only to find no TB inside. The cache was hidden exactly as I had left it, nobody else had logged the cache since the TB drop and as you need to go off-path and into a ditch to retrieve it, I cannot see a member of the public muggling it. The cache was on a wooded path far from any civilisation and nobody was around on the day we dropped the TB. Another cacher had visited a cache nearby a couple of weeks after and responded to my email to say that they had by-passed the 'muggled' cache location as it was already one they had. The TB log remains empty so my only hope is that a good intentioned cacher, that had already found the cache in question (hence no log perhaps) has picked up the Scarecrow and plans to move him on soon

Any ideas what could have happened?

Alex (Falcon47)

Any ideas what could have happened?

The only thing I can think of that you haven't mentioned is whether you checked the paper log to see if it matched the online log. There are several cachers around my way who (1) only log offline, or (2) never log trackables online until they're going to drop them.

ETA: Although I suppose an ill-intentioned adult or thoughtless child using the cache as a source of treasure might replace it as found without leaving any evidence of tampering besides missing items but obviously that's unlikely and I hope untrue in your case. /ETA

I hope your trackable returns to the game soon (in which "soon" is a finite variable). :)

Edited by elfre