One cartridge - three caches ?

mankybadger

I'm in the throes of putting together a Wherigo cartrige loosely based on the TV show "The Crystal Maze". Basically there will be one Wherigo cartridge which eventually generates a score. The score will be (effectively) good, average or poor. Depending on which score you get you'll then get directed to one of three potential final caches. (The idea being the higher score you get the higher the difficulty rating of the final cache). And there would be nothing stopping people doing the cartridge three or more times to get all three caches.

One cartridge - three distinct caches each with its own listing. I don't see anything in the rules against this. Is this OK as a concept?

I don't see an issue with it, either. In the end, however, it's always up to your local reviewer.

The reverse Wherigo cartridge likely holds the record for the most caches associated with one cartridge as anyone can put out a cache that uses that cartridge. There's also the Geocacher Integrity Test cartridge in southern Idaho, which has around twenty to thirty caches linked to it. A certain number of caches' final coordinates are revealed depending upon the user's final score.

Hi mankybadger. I have a cartridge here in Ontario that links to 7 caches, so it is possible. Actually there are 4 cartridges leading to 7 caches, as you need 4 "characters" to get through the adventure, each with their own cartridge.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC559Y1_the-lagwood-chronicles-room-g?guid=fbb90874-6580-46ea-b21b-f2ccec23d9dd

http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=7547a623-93db-4915-829f-1658d282b640

I like your concept. I like the "build your own adventure" type cartridges, anything different.

Good luck with your cartridge.

Bob

I have several cartridges that contain multiple geocaches. And after I played with the Reverse Wherigo cartridge, I wrote my own cartridge that can more or less be used for infinite caches in either a one stage or two stage flavor.. but without the Reverse concept.

Quite honestly, I don't think my local reviewers actually check out the cartridge itself, only that there is a link to a cartridge somewhere on the cache listing. And I've never seen a rule or guideline anywhere in all the time I've been building Wherigos.