Number doesn't match TB

LizzyRN

We discovered one like that last week - it was in a travel bug hotel, we didn't take it, just photographed its tag, but then couldn't actually discover it.....

Does a trackable at all come up when you enter the tag number/code? If so, I would just wait a few days, then grab it from wherever it is, then place it somewhere properly.

If the code doesn't bring up a trackable, there isn't a great deal you can do with it I think, others may have some suggestions.....

I picked up a TB at a cache here in Washington. When I got back to cell service, I attempted to log it. I discovered that the number doesn't match the description and wasn't dropped/logged IN the cache that I got it from. I'm not sure what to do with it now.

1. Check the code on the bug again. Some of them are microscopic or get damaged over time.

2. If the code was correct then wait a few days to see if a cacher drops it in the cache where you found it.

3. After waiting then log it as a "grab", preferably with a photo and maybe a private message to the owner to explain that you don't think the bug matches the description.

I retrieved a tag recently with German paperwork saying it wanted to go to Berlin but the tag page actually said it wanted to go to the US, so when I logged it I explained this in my log and the owner clarified that the tag was heading for the US. I suppose a previous cacher had accidentally put two travel bugs back in the wrong bags and so swapped their info.

It's also not unheard of for a traveller attached to a tag to be swapped for something else (either with or without the owner's permission).

I hope everything sorts itself out and you get the travel bug back in circulation eventually. :)