Cannot log trackables while logging each cache found?

I've tried this both on my tablet and phone. When I go through and log caches, the new app seemingly does not give me the option to visit or drop trackables as I log each cache. I can see how to go out to trackables and drop or dip them individually but not in the process of logging a find. This would be too time-consuming to bother with compared to the find by find function on the old app. Is this not possible with the new app? I've checked and seem to have the most up-to-date android app.

I've tried this both on my tablet and phone. When I go through and log caches, the new app seemingly does not give me the option to visit or drop trackables as I log each cache. I can see how to go out to trackables and drop or dip them individually but not in the process of logging a find. This would be too time-consuming to bother with compared to the find by find function on the old app. Is this not possible with the new app? I've checked and seem to have the most up-to-date android app.

As you've seen, you already can log a TB while at a cache.

If you're asking for a process for logging TBs exactly as is done on the web site, there already exists a great App for this purpose, suitable for your tablet. You can make TB logs as you ask, and even research problems with logging a specific TB. Since it only works online, logs are made in real-time.

The Official App works both online and offline, so of course that App will be problematic when logging TBs.

Edited by kunarion

My wife and I were out geocaching today with the new app and this was a major source of frustration.

One of the things that's brought us joy in geocaching was each having a trackable that showed us where we had geocached.

Is possible to have a trackable visit a cache, but it takes at least 4 screen clicks to log each one, and each one is a new server request. We usually have about 8 trackables on us at any given time, and the 8*4+2=34 clicks required is just sheer madness. One of the major sources of joy while geocaching is now an ugly chore.

I feel like someone is telling us we've been having fun wrong and we should stop enjoying caching the way we have. I can imagine doing a power trail and worry about residents any more.

This removed feature makes caching less fun. Please give us the option to easily log or trackables again!

Could it simply be a temporary fix for the many negative reports/gripes on "visit" logs?

- Having to think about it a bit before logging 30 Trackables on every cache you find in a day...

Sure, many folks who are respectful of another's property would like to Drop/Retrieve without issue, but weren't overwhelmed Trackable Owners complaining of apps with automatic logging features as well?

Well I was walking through the woods last week an looked over and thought what in the world was that little box. Anyway I oppened it and seen the little card inside and that was the first time ide ever heard of this. It was at the Holston River Kingsport Domtar park in the woods. I left a a business card and a nickle. That was about all I had on me lol.

As you've seen, you already can log a TB while at a cache.

If you're asking for a process for logging TBs exactly as is done on the web site, there already exists a great App for this purpose, suitable for your tablet. You can make TB logs as you ask, and even research problems with logging a specific TB. Since it only works online, logs are made in real-time.

The Official App works both online and offline, so of course that App will be problematic when logging TBs.

You seriously just linked to the Google chrome browser? That's not a solution for this issue. If I have to log using a browser, what's the point of the app? I just used the app for the first time yesterday, and I thought too, that was a big turn off. I'd use a different geocaching app, but for some reason the good ones aren't being maintained anymore.