TB near-death story

lee737

Always enjoy reading this. I've put Kangourou on my watchlist, since I'm looking forward to its adventures in Tasmania now. Hope you'll post some photos with your adventures, since we often get inspired by photos with logs of trackables. Trackables more than once helped us decide on our next vacation destination (or we just enjoy looking at the photos while being jealous and saving up to make such a trip :rolleyes:). Enjoy your cruise and thank you for taking good care of trackables!

We found a TB today ( https://coord.info/TBKDZD ) - a log note suggesting the previous finders had had it for 6 years, and hadn't been caching since.... so they dropped it in a cache, with the wrong log of course! I suppose it is lucky it was physically put somewhere......

Charging another cacher with 'kidnapping' a TB is probably a violation of the TOU, since you provided a link. The cacher gave up geocaching to raise a family. Then realized that he had a trckable, and put it in a cache to move on. I say 'Hooray!' Charging him with 'kidnapping' is a violation of TOU.

We found a TB today ( https://coord.info/TBKDZD ) - a log note suggesting the previous finders had had it for 6 years, and hadn't been caching since.... so they dropped it in a cache, with the wrong log of course! I suppose it is lucky it was physically put somewhere......

Charging another cacher with 'kidnapping' a TB is probably a violation of the TOU, since you provided a link. The cacher gave up geocaching to raise a family. Then realized that he had a trckable, and put it in a cache to move on. I say 'Hooray!' Charging him with 'kidnapping' is a violation of TOU.

So if I borrow your car, then disappear for 6 years to raise my kids before returning it, is that OK?? :)

[i hope that is taken as tongue-in-cheek as my use of the word 'kidnap'.....]

So if I borrow your car, then disappear for 6 years to raise my kids before returning it, is that OK?? :)

[i hope that is taken as tongue-in-cheek as my use of the word 'kidnap'.....]

I could write a short law review article distinguishing those two fact patterns. Suffice it to say your analogy doesn't hold water.

Keep in mind that every TB out there depends on the good will of the next person who finds it. It would have been easy for the person who had the TB to just chuck it in the trash and move on without taking care of it. Here, they were good enough to get the TB back out there. Let's celebrate that and not point fingers, lest we encourage the next person who finds a long lost TB to just let it stay "lost."

Edited by hzoi

I too have just had this happen - hubby and I put 2 camper van TBs out for a race, mine was picked up by a very enthusiastic couple who had just started geocaching. (You know where this is going don't you?). They took it off on their honeymoon, bought it back to the UK and obviously found things to do that were more interesting than geocaching, being newly-weds ;) and it had staying in their coat pocket since June 2014. I contacted them a few times, politely, to no avail. Imagine my surprise this week when it resurfaced, they too had dumped it in a cache. At least they didn't bin it!