Pocket Queries not running

HockeyHiker19

I'd like someone from HQ to explain why an odd number of queries won't run properly since that makes no sense. What if someone wanted to run only 1 query?

Queries listed as #1, 3, 5... seem to be on one server. Queries #2, 4, 6... seem to be on another. Some people have noted a trend where at times the odd numbered ones in the list don't run, but the even numbered ones do.

It's a good idea to run PQs at other days than on a weekend, and also to have more than one similar PQ on more than one server. I don't run every PQ every day, I have a couple of local PQs and run them alternately throughout the week. That way, even if something goes wrong between Friday night and Monday afternoon, I have a pretty good local PQ that's only a couple of days old. I do a similar thing for a special trip out of town.

If you have the Official Geocaching App, and especially if you have a data subscription, often you can load "lists" and individual caches, even when PQs or the whole the site is down. I have a phone set up for wifi only, as a backup for whatever is not on my GPSr. It could rescue a caching trip if the site isn't running PQs.

Edited by kunarion