Coin transfered ?

drneal

got this note in the mail tonight:

This is an email from Geocaching.com letting you know that the travel bug DrNeal's Munster Personal Geocoin has been transferred to account "Im_Lost_Again". There is no need to respond to this email.

the coin remains in my hands, but wondering how this happened

ILYK

ILYL

There's a recent thread about the issue:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=342389

That may explain at least the wording of the email.

So this could happen if, for example, the "Im Lost" cacher mis-typed a tracking number while doing a "Grab" log. Is the coin still listed in your Inventory?

Both you and the other cacher own a lot of activated Trackables. I tried to figure out which coin you were referring to, and failed. A reference number (starts with "TB") may help narrow it down.

Edited by kunarion

thank you kunarion...it appears this was even responded to by moun10bike on 12-14-16-

Moun10Bike

Changes to the back-end trackable service led to this notification being dropped. When it was added back in, the wrong template was chosen (it's currently using the adoption email template rather than "grabbed from holder" template). I've notified our engineering team. "

with the holidays over, this should quickly be corrected by the engineering team.

ILYK

ILYL