Support needed with apparently dead category/group

As a "grid hunter" (perhaps not the right word) I was happy to find a self service pets washing here in my town. They are very rare here in Denmark. I posted it 3 weeks ago and it hasn't been published yet. So I took a look into the group behind it and found that the officers sees to be not very active.

http://www.Waymarking.com/groups/details.aspx?f=1&guid=a410e453-9d04-41ca-83ff-8bf8df1a5688

Latest log in by an officer: 11/26/2015.

By the way: what do you think about the text under DiSO2's profile? Perhaps I am a bit prudish, but I find it inappropiate :huh:

I wrote a message to wildwoodke and got no reply. I wrote to Groundspeak and got their default "bla bla bla" reply :(

Now I have joined the group. Wouldn't mind to be an officer here.

What else to do?

Henriette

Edited by kallehaugerne

By the way: what do you think about the text under DiSO2's profile? Perhaps I am a bit prudish, but I find it inappropiate :huh:

I wrote a message to wildwoodke and got no reply. I wrote to Groundspeak and got their default "bla bla bla" reply :(

I think it make you a tattle-tale, and DiSO2 should have just removed themself from the group if they are not interested in Waymarking.

What you have pointed out here in the forums is the fact that Waymarking is slowly dying off because people are losing interest and leaving, or in the case with myself and this person that you have called out here in the forums, are getting tired of the BS that comes along with managing a category.

The last straw for me was when the guy that threatened to contact Bryan and tattle on me for not accepting their WM that did not meet criteria used the review queue over and over to argue because they did not know for sure which category officer was rejecting their WM. Two of us had signed on, so this angry person reported both of us.

Yeah, things like this is why I no longer Waymark.

I believe that we should be able to retire a category that we create, and not worry about it being taken over by contacting a site admin here and them making a new leader.

Off course it is okay if you lose your interest in WM :) No problem with me.

I just got a bit surprised by DiS=2's statement when I looked into the group :blink: Thats all :)

I have only had very few bad experiences with the Waymarking society. I understand why you got frustrated/angry (whatever) with that guy reposting his waymark.

Well, I agree his statement is a little odd, and it tells me he has a problem with being promoted to officer without being asked first, which is another topic here in the forums. Just more examples of the trouble the WM community is in.

I waymarked for 8 years or so, and I still enjoy taking pictures, and I still share a few with the public. That is about all Waymarking was to me anyway. I don't play grids or numbers. I am awful Waymarker, :D :D :D :D I don't even visit my own WM's. :( Neither do I

Back to the Self Serve Pet Wash category, it appears there are three officers there. If one quits, the category would go into auto-approve.

Do you think that the auto-approve would be a good option?

What do you suggest, I'm not sure what kind of support you are asking for. :unsure:

Actually if there are regular members the first one will automatically get promoted. Only goes to auto-approve if there are no regular members to promote.