Who is watching my caches

strek2

I recently created an event cache and I noticed that there were 7 people who put a watch on it. Is there a way to figure out who those people are? I tried clicking on the watch icon and it brings to the page of the caches that I am watching. Any ideas?

Norman

I recently created an event cache and I noticed that there were 7 people who put a watch on it. Is there a way to figure out who those people are? I tried clicking on the watch icon and it brings to the page of the caches that I am watching. Any ideas?

Norman

It's been discussed before, pro and con, but no, there's no way to see who's watching a cache. Of course, headquarters can check if there's a problem (not mere inquisitiveness).

Norman

The only way to find out who is watching a cache is to post a note log it and ask those that are watching to it to send you a private message. They're under no obligation to comply.

I did that once on one of my caches and someone responded that they were a basic member used their watch list to keep track of caches they might want to find. The bookmark feature is not available to basic members.

Norman

Discussed many times on the forums in the past.

No, you cannot find out who has your caches on a watchlist, unless those watchers identify themselves.

Help Center

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php

Help Center → My Account → Email → Watchlists

1.4. Watchlists

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=144

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol
You could use the audit log to see who has looked in on it. Not the same but it's something.

Events could have audit logs?

Never thought about it. Is there an option to make an event pmo?

Found a thread from '09. Apparently you can. Sad...

No, you can't. I just created a new Event listing to test it out, and the check box for setting it as PMO is greyed out and can't be ticked. Maybe you could back in 2009, but not now. Therefore, any current events cannot have an audit log.