Where are the attributes?

Alphadog

When I receive an email notification for a new cache and tap the link, it automatically opens it in the geocaching iPhone app. However, I can't see any attributes. Specifically, I need to know whether the cache location is dog-friendly as our dog is our hiking companion. To add insult to injury, there seems to be no way to copy/paste the GC# from the app into another, more user-friendly app (i.e., Cachly) so I either have to memorize the # or write it down somewhere else.

Am I missing something? Is there an option to view the cache description in the browser so I can see the full attribute info?

Is there an option to view the cache description in the browser so I can see the full attribute info?

I tried several options but I can't emulate your situation, because when I hit a link of a new cache, it opens with the homepage. When I scroll down the page a little bit, it ask me if I want to open with the app.

I suggest that you delete the app from you smartphone.

Search for a new cache from the email notification (obviously will open with the homepage because there is no app).

Reinstall the app.

Search for a new cache from the email notification, but if it asks how you want to open, choose homepage.

Edited by RuideAlmeida

How about "Where are the attributes in the geocaching app?". I certainly failed to find them when I had a cache that had used the attributes as a hint to where the hide was.

We know anything that is not in the app is in danger of being removed from the website. I'm hoping attributes are not one of those things that aren't used very often and are misunderstood.

On the iPhone App I can't find the attributes of a cache.

Where can I see the Attributes of the cache in the new iPhone App?

Short answer: Nowhere

Longer answer: Attributes are not visible in the new app. The only option would be to open the cache in a web browser on your phone.

I would like to see attributes in the app. I find it especially useful when caching after dark, to check whether the cache is marked as NOT 24/7 or 24/7.

The lack of attributes is one of my primary sources of frustration in the new app. I'm actually far more content with it's functionality than most seem to be, but I'm a little surprised that this issue isn't brought up more. I didn't even realize how ingrained looking at the attributes had become to my caching habits until they were missing. It would be nice if there was at least some convenient 'Open in browser' button in the app that one could hit to easily get all the cache information. Instead it is a real pain to try to copy a GC code or scroll around the map to try to open the listing and actually get the information I need.

Edited by m0bean

I've been selecting the "..." on the top bar of the cache view, then "Share", then I choose "Open in Safari." But I shouldn't have to do that, and it wouldn't help me for offline caching. Generally I just use a different caching app.

Edited by spstanley

ditch the "getting close" message and give us attributes...

I was really surprised the attributes are totally gone in the new app. The basic features Size, Difficulty and Terrain are displayed as very big pretty useless gauge meters but attributes are just a useful. Weird choices.