Missing TB and true confessions

Soaring Eagle 7

I'll try to make this brief. In January of 2010 i grabbed a TB while caching with my then son in law to be, now never son in law. He was to take the TB to Chicago and drop it. never happened and the bug is gone. It is still in my inventory. I messaged the owner a few months after that and told him/her what happened and promised to try and retrieve the TB. If is now clear that is not going to happen. The owner is now inactive on GC and GS.

So, my question is this: What can I do to get the TB out of my inventory?

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

Soaring Eagle 7

Groundspeak can... adjust... a TB inventory. Anything else you or I try, by moving it to some other Inventory and making various logs, could complicate things.

While you wait, make some sort of log about what you know of its disappearance, if you haven't done so, and what you're doing next (that you are removing it from your Inventory). This helps people figure out what's going on if it ever turns up.

Groundspeak can... adjust... a TB inventory. Anything else you or I try, by moving it to some other Inventory and making various logs, could complicate things.

While you wait, make some sort of log about what you know of its disappearance, if you haven't done so, and what you're doing next (that you are removing it from your Inventory). This helps people figure out what's going on if it ever turns up.

Thanks for the info. I messaged GS and will await a reply. Your idea to update TB log was a good one that I will implement.

Thanks again

A self-service option would be to drop the TB in a cache that you own (active or archived) and then use the "mark missing" power that every cache owner has for the trackables in their cache inventory.

(Side note: is it not possible to mark a trackable missing directly from your inventory? I don't know, as I've never lost one in circumstances like the OP's unfortunate story.)

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't check before -- the OP does not own any caches.

Edited by Keystone