Geo tiles

Nurse Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Nurse Dave & LKay:

It's all a guess of course.

Well, i'm sure that because they're distributed in a limited number and no one's making a profit, then whoever made these should be safe. Safe, that is, until someone decides they look like candy and try to get to the sweet chewy center that is so obviously inside.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

If i saw one of these little jobbies, I know how i would react. I would hft it in my hand to feel its cool surface and calmly drop it into my geocaching sack. I would search to find a comprable item, and sigh and place my signature item while feeling that i am cheating somehow.

I really cannot comment on copyright laws, but i know i appreciate craftmanship. I am crossing my fingers to find one icon_biggrin.gif

~~

I'm not great enough to be modest.

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

Safe, that is, until someone decides they look like candy and try to get to the sweet chewy center that is so obviously inside.

This tile somehow makes me think of Christmas when I was a child. Every year Santa would leave a fist-full-size sticky clump of hard 'ribbon' candy in the toe of my Christmas stocking. Pulling out the candy brought a bunch of stocking fuzz out with it. God how I hated that stuff! I always managed to sneak it out in the garbage can. Years later, Santa finally got the hint.

But the tile also causes me to recall fond memories of fresh saltwater taffy from Aunt Belinda's on the bayfront in Newport (the town where I grew up, for the most part). But I'm still not quite grown up at 33, so who knows what could happen if Doug and I are lucky enough to find one. icon_biggrin.gif

that was one of your caches!!! And I see that it was the first finder that took it as his reward. The question then falls to you... where did you find it? We want 'em... where/how do we get 'em? I have my shelf 'o geo prizes growing at home, and this would make a fine addition. Anyone have any insight as to where these may be coming from/going to?

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again..." Mt. 13:44