Missing a overview of "Needs Maintenance"

SEMY

Hi all,

Some feedback and hopefully on the correct location on this forum.

As a hider I try to do proper and swift maintenance on my geocaches.

Recently I did get a reviewer remark I was behind with some maintenance. :(

I do know you get an email if a fellow geocacher posts a "Needs Maintenance" log.

But sometimes I just miss those mails or forget about them due to my sometimes busy working schedules.

Almost every day I open geocaching.com and have the Quick View page in front of me.

I do see:

- Your Unpublished Disabled Caches

- Your Geocaches Waiting for Review (At the moment for example an Earthcache is in the reviewer que) :anicute:

But I don't have a line with

- Your Geocaches Waiting for Maintenance

Could this be integrated to the website? It helps me as a hider to do better maintenance and it will reduce the checks (and hard labour) for the reviewer who has the maintenance-check-no-fun-job at that moment.

Regards,

Erik (SEMY)

Any time you try to Hide a new cache, you will have that information.

Thanks for the response/feedback and yes, that is correct. :anitongue:

But if you have a period of not hiding the same statement will not show up.

The script is already running and could be used more efficient I think. Well, lets see how the development team thinks about it. :)

Regards,

Erik (SEMY)

Any time you try to Hide a new cache, you will have that information.

Thanks for the response/feedback and yes, that is correct. :anitongue:

But if you have a period of not hiding the same statement will not show up.

The script is already running and could be used more efficient I think. Well, lets see how the development team thinks about it. :)

Regards,

Erik (SEMY)

Yes, "Your Geocaches Needing Maintenance--or Temporarily Disabled" would be good information to have at any time, not just when you want to hide another cache.

I also would like to see this added to Quick View.

Of course, I understand that anyone with dozens of NM caches would not like to have that staring them in the face whenever they open their profile page. :ph34r:

He placed his last cache 4 months ago and maybe he does not plan to hide another one... ;)
You (he) don't need to hide anything... just starting the process will show the asked information.
That still requires the CO to actively do something to check whether any caches have the NM attribute.

The request is to display that information automatically on the user's private profile page.

Yup, thats is the idea.

So, not a work-around to get the information but just automated on screen.

I agree with this suggestion. It needs to be in a clear, concise listing that is easy to see and you don't have to hunt for it. I would think it should actually be an easy filter that Groundspeak could add to the website. Plus it would put it front and center when you are on your profile page. That way you don't have to hunt around to find it. Yes, you can see it if you create a new cache, but why add the extra clicks if it can just be displayed on the profile page.

As a hider I try to do proper and swift maintenance on my geocaches.

Recently I did get a reviewer remark I was behind with some maintenance. :(

I do know you get an email if a fellow geocacher posts a "Needs Maintenance" log.

But sometimes I just miss those mails or forget about them due to my sometimes busy working schedules.

If you "sometimes miss mails", your plan seems to be only for one who correctly logs NM.

Curious, what do you do if no NM is ever listed?

We often see mention of maintenance needed in cacher's Found It logs for months before someone finally places an NM.

We act on those logs, not waiting for a NM to "wake us up"...

"Your sometimes busy work schedule" didn't keep you from placing any, why is it an issue now with maintenance?

Hi SEMY! We believe that it is important that geocache hiders maintain their caches so I appreciate that you are looking for ways to be more informed about the current state of your own caches. We are currently working on the new Dashboard and are hoping to include more information on the page for cache hiders. This would likely include a quick view that shows that you have caches that require your attention. After you have resolved the issue the caches would be removed (or the module might go away entirely if empty). We don't have a timeline on this functionality yet, but we are planning to work on it during the summer.

• Upvote 1

Hi SEMY! We believe that it is important that geocache hiders maintain their caches so I appreciate that you are looking for ways to be more informed about the current state of your own caches. We are currently working on the new Dashboard and are hoping to include more information on the page for cache hiders. This would likely include a quick view that shows that you have caches that require your attention. After you have resolved the issue the caches would be removed (or the module might go away entirely if empty). We don't have a timeline on this functionality yet, but we are planning to work on it during the summer.

Hi HiddenGnome,

Thank you for your answer. As a member of this community I do appreciate your reaction on this matter a lot!

Cheers,

SEMY

Of course, I understand that anyone with dozens of NM caches would not like to have that staring them in the face whenever they open their profile page. :ph34r:

That would be 0.001 % of cachers, but anyway, they could do the easiest thing: to take care of their caches! :)

Well that would be the best way to know if a cache needs taking care of.

Excellent idea. The reason I came in here today was to suggest a quick view of "Needs Maintenance" caches that I own. Let's get this one. It'll help keep us on top of our game.