My Travel Bug Showed up on Ebay after 9 years missing.

Rich the Bushwhacker

A cacher alerted me to one of my travel bugs on Ebay. I've contacted the seller to see if I can get it back for the cost of shipping.

Looks like your TB hasn't moved since being taken. Since they're being sold as a set, maybe you can get it back from the Geocacher who "rescues" :ph34r: the desirable Jeep from the ebay seller.

Edited by kunarion

I contacted the seller. He picked the two travel bugs up from an estate sale, has no idea what geocaching is. I offered to send him $10 for shipping, but someone bidded the Ebay auction up to $15 bucks before he cancelled the auction.

In the end I decided to let the auction go and take my chances on the buyer putting it back in circulation. I'm guessing buyer only wants the Jeep. I figured the seller would just put the TB's in the trash if we reported them stolen to ebay.

Currently, the auction is at $51 with two days left.

I contacted the seller. He picked the two travel bugs up from an estate sale, has no idea what geocaching is. I offered to send him $10 for shipping, but someone bidded the Ebay auction up to $15 bucks before he cancelled the auction. [...] In the end I decided to let the auction go and take my chances on the buyer putting it back in circulation. I'm guessing buyer only wants the Jeep. I figured the seller would just put the TB's in the trash if we reported them stolen to ebay.

You have my sympathy for your travel bug turning up on ebay being sold by wookshire who claims, despite the photos showing all the info attached (and wookshire subsequently having been contacted with explanations by several people), not to know they're selling stolen goods. I agree with you that many people would respond by either continuing the sale of stolen goods or dumping the stolen goods instead of doing the right thing and returning them to their owner even when, as in this case, you correctly offered to cover the cost.

I did notice that the current high bid is from a completely new account, which is... interesting... and unusual on ebay.

I hope your travel bug returns to the game, or to you, as soon as possible.

Edited by elfre