Can't get a Geocache file

Okay, I've seen the other topics concerning the "send to GPS" button.

It doesn't work properly anymore, with is too bad because I liked it since we normally find an area where we want to go and just add 3 to 5 caches. But okay.

Then I tried a "pocket query" as advised but when I download this I find al kinds of way points but no geocaches in our Garmin e-trex touch 35.

I also tried to just download a cache from the site and manually place it from the download folder into the GPX folder.

But when I disconnect the Garmin from the MacBook I dont find any geocaches.

Who can tell me what I do wrong or what is going wrong.?

Ray

Then I tried a "pocket query" as advised but when I download this I find al kinds of way points but no geocaches in our Garmin e-trex touch 35.

Did you unzip the PQ after running it and downloading it after you got an email telling you the PQ was ready?

If so, did you get 2 GPX files one abcd.GPX, the other abcd_waypoints.GPX ?

Did you copy both in the device: /garmin/GPX/ folder?

Did you unzip the PQ after running it and downloading it after you got an email telling you the PQ was ready?

If so, did you get 2 GPX files one abcd.GPX, the other abcd_waypoints.GPX ?

Did you copy both in the device: /garmin/GPX/ folder?

I received an email with a link as indicated. When I downloaded the link I got a map with 2 files.

1 .GPX and 1 ..-wpts.GPX yes as you say

I didn't unzip anything as I didn't receive anything to unzip. And I copied the map into the GPX folder.

mmm :blink:

Now just copied the 2 files into the GPX folder but without succes

And, how far away from you are the selected caches?

Garmin wont showcaches over a certain distance, unless you scroll the map to the area they are in...

About 200 Kilometers.

I scrolled the map to the area. But no luck.

I used to see the geocaches in the gps-geocache mode. Then you could sort one out and see info etc about it.

But now I don't see anything like that. It says: No caches found.

I received an email with a link as indicated. When I downloaded the link I got a map with 2 files.

1 .GPX and 1 ..-wpts.GPX yes as you say

I didn't unzip anything as I didn't receive anything to unzip. And I copied the map into the GPX folder.

mmm :blink:

Now just copied the 2 files into the GPX folder but without succes

I don't fully understand your process. Pocket Queries arrive in Zip format, but if you "Open" the Pocket Query zip file, you see two GPX files (typically two files, caches and waypoints). I'm guessing that's what you are doing. Then you copy the files to the Garmin/GPX folder of the Etrex.

When you plug the Etrex into the USB port, are you seeing the proper "GPX" files listed in the "Garmin/GPX" folder?

If so, first backup all the files, then delete all files in the "Garmin/GPX" folder (this includes the extra step of "Empty Trash" on a Mac, as you probably know). Then place one nearby cache file (Save one GPX). If it's listed in the folder, yet doesn't display, suspect a setting on the Etrex.

Are the caches showing up as Waypoints?

Edited by kunarion