Unable to download Wherigo Cartridges on phone

Geokashers

I am guessing you are using WhereYouGo for the Android. Is that correct? Are you not using a Samsung phone now?

I looked at a selfie you took in your geocaching gallery, downloaded it, and looked at the photo's properties. It noted Samsung as the camera's manufacturer. That's how I guessed.

(As for help coming from me, I have an iPhone, so someone else might want to assist. Besides, until next week, I'll be checking the forum only infrequently.)

What happens when you browse the Wherigo site through the Chrome web browser, not through WhereYouGo?

For that matter, what are the steps you are taking to get that message? Providing some detail would be helpful, especially for me since I don't have an Android device with which I can attempt to reproduce things.

I have attempted a few times to download a cartridge via the geocaching app after loading up the cache and selecting the download option. (ensuring that I am also logged into Wherigo). I was able to do this through the premium app but everytime I try this on the classic app it comes up with a download error. It also fails to download when I use the internet option through the phone. I need to download through the laptop and then transfer the file to the phone. Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue with the classic app and this function.

Edited by Snakepiters

I have attempted a few times to download a cartridge via the geocaching app after loading up the cache and selecting the download option. (ensuring that I am also logged into Wherigo). I was able to do this through the premium app but everytime I try this on the classic app it comes up with a download error. It also fails to download when I use the internet option through the phone. I need to download through the laptop and then transfer the file to the phone. Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue with the classic app and this function.

Downloaded Wherigo cartridges was never a function of any of the Geocaching apps.

Here's my download dilemma , seemed to upload no problem.

Got the check mark saying complete, then I tried to download it to my iPhone, others seem to work.

But the error is so cryptic I can't make sense out of it.

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Exception of type 'System.ApplicationException' was thrown. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I am guessing you are using WhereYouGo for the Android. Is that correct? Are you not using a Samsung phone now?

I looked at a selfie you took in your geocaching gallery, downloaded it, and looked at the photo's properties. It noted Samsung as the camera's manufacturer. That's how I guessed.

(As for help coming from me, I have an iPhone, so someone else might want to assist. Besides, until next week, I'll be checking the forum only infrequently.)

Yes, I have a Samsung phone. I go through the Geocaching app and find a Wherigo cache i want to do. On the cache page there is a link to get the cartridge. That link takes me to the Wherigo site where I have to log in, etc. I then try to download the cartridge.....saying that it's a Pocket PC device. This way worked for my last Samsung phone. I don't know if I've configured it to put it into the correct spot on the phone or.....? Kind of frustrating. And as a result I can't do them anymore......

Thoughts?

On the Wherigo page it says that the default is to put a downloading cartridge into the Groundspeak/Wherigo/Cartridges folder. In the WhereYouGo tool the default cartridge location is /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/menion.android.whereyougo/files folder. I'm not able to download anything into the first location.....and if/when I can do that then I'll need to figure out how to change WhereYouGo to have the same cartridge location as the download location. I can't see that I can change the default cartridge location in Wherigo.

I don't think I even have a Groundspeak/Wherigo/Cartridges folder. Is this the location name or should it be something else?

The folder where WherYouGo looks for the cartriges can be chosen in settings for new version of WhereYouGo.

Default is something like /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/menion.android.whereyougo/files/

In earlier versions of WhereYouGo it was something like /storage/emulated/0/whereyougo

Cartriges have to be copied/moved to the folder where WhereYouGo looks for them if you couldn't download the file directly to the right folder.

Some reported download problems with the built-in android webbrowser. In this case maybe use another browser.

Edited by AnnaMoritz