Escape rooms

These escape rooms look like they are fun games to participate in, but we wonder how viable a category they will be long term, and how prevalent they will be. Will this be a fad, or will these businesses come and go quickly, etc?

I thought you were proposing a safe room category (like for hiding from storms or attacks), so thanks for the link to the Wikipedia article :)

These escape rooms look like they are fun games to participate in, but we wonder how viable a category they will be long term, and how prevalent they will be. Will this be a fad, or will these businesses come and go quickly, etc?

Yes that is not easy to tell, but I believe they will increase in numbers and will last for many years. Who knows? :grin:

I thought you were proposing a safe room category (like for hiding from storms or attacks), so thanks for the link to the Wikipedia article :)

My concern is permanence. This is really a hype at the moment, at least around here, but these locations are fast and easy to create and just as fast and easy to remove once the hype is over. Do we want a category full of former entertainment locations with no traces left in a few years?

My concern is permanence. This is really a hype at the moment, at least around here, but these locations are fast and easy to create and just as fast and easy to remove once the hype is over. Do we want a category full of former entertainment locations with no traces left in a few years?

This is my exact issue. The ines I have seen are in shopping centers. In a year or 2 they could be a jewelry store or boutique of some sort.