Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kallehaugerne

Escape rooms

9 posts in this topic

These escape rooms look like they are fun games to participate in, but we wonder how viable a category they will be long term, and how prevalent they will be. Will this be a fad, or will these businesses come and go quickly, etc?

I thought you were proposing a safe room category (like for hiding from storms or attacks), so thanks for the link to the Wikipedia article :)

I think Escape Rooms could be a great idea for a new category? The number of rooms are growing fast and has worldwide potential.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_room

Hmmm... Straight out of "The Big Bang Theory" and potentially equally comedic, I would guess.

I can see them catching on as they appeal to the ego and the gamesmanship of most.

These escape rooms look like they are fun games to participate in, but we wonder how viable a category they will be long term, and how prevalent they will be. Will this be a fad, or will these businesses come and go quickly, etc?

Yes that is not easy to tell, but I believe they will increase in numbers and will last for many years. Who knows? :grin:

I thought you were proposing a safe room category (like for hiding from storms or attacks), so thanks for the link to the Wikipedia article :)

I'd be in for this! Almost every city seems to have one now.

These escape rooms look like they are fun games to participate in, but we wonder how viable a category they will be long term,

They are popping up like mushrooms in the Paris Metropolitan Area. Did not see any in West Michigan over the holidays.

I too wonder if this will eventually fizzle.

I too wonder if this will eventually fizzle.

Now I hope it doesn't fizzle as we found one only 205 kilometres from our front door. I'm not going to say where, though. :rolleyes:

Edited by BK-Hunters

My concern is permanence. This is really a hype at the moment, at least around here, but these locations are fast and easy to create and just as fast and easy to remove once the hype is over. Do we want a category full of former entertainment locations with no traces left in a few years?

My concern is permanence. This is really a hype at the moment, at least around here, but these locations are fast and easy to create and just as fast and easy to remove once the hype is over. Do we want a category full of former entertainment locations with no traces left in a few years?

This is my exact issue. The ines I have seen are in shopping centers. In a year or 2 they could be a jewelry store or boutique of some sort.